Greetings, one & all.

Perry

Registered
24 Nov 2017
Heights of High Wycombe
Best answers
It's been an interesting journey to discover this forum. Probably like most of us here, over the years I have enjoyed & continue to own model trains in many scales & gauges. Somewhere in the garage, there are Triang OO trains from the 1960s; a dismantled 3.5" gauge Hornby G100 "Rocket" awaits its upgraded boiler & currently resides in a steel tray on a shelf above my desk & there is a pair of heavily Mamodified SL1 locos with a few items of rolling stock, boxed up until next spring. The G Scale element is for the entertainment of youngsters, an R/C Service Railway Express that seems remarkably good value to me.

With three & possibly four gauges of garden railway to organise, I toyed briefly with combining them as one mixed gauge route, but that way, insanity beckons! OTOH, Cliff Barker offers suggestions for 45 mm & 32 mm dual gauge track; useful for 16mm GTGs. For the present, I shall content myself with making the bits & pieces I plan to use when track building continues in 2018. Santa has already been notified of my railway requirements. The choice is simple; comply or someone's Xmas goose will be well & truly cooked.

Best wishes,

Perry

Reactions: 2 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
It's been an interesting journey to discover this forum. Probably like most of us here, over the years I have enjoyed & continue to own model trains in many scales & gauges. Somewhere in the garage, there are Triang OO trains from the 1960s; a dismantled 3.5" gauge Hornby G100 "Rocket" awaits its upgraded boiler & currently resides in a steel tray on a shelf above my desk & there is a pair of heavily Mamodified SL1 locos with a few items of rolling stock, boxed up until next spring. The G Scale element is for the entertainment of youngsters, an R/C Service Railway Express that seems remarkably good value to me.

With three & possibly four gauges of garden railway to organise, I toyed briefly with combining them as one mixed gauge route, but that way, insanity beckons! OTOH, Cliff Barker offers suggestions for 45 mm & 32 mm dual gauge track; useful for 16mm GTGs. For the present, I shall content myself with making the bits & pieces I plan to use when track building continues in 2018. Santa has already been notified of my railway requirements. The choice is simple; comply or someone's Xmas goose will be well & truly cooked.

Best wishes,

Perry

Hi Perry and welcome. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you occupied!

Perry

Registered
24 Nov 2017
Heights of High Wycombe
Best answers
That' very true Mick. I have time to mull things over before I sleep & before I drift off I scrawl a note to myself that is often meaningless when I wake. However, tomorrow I shall offer a couple of ideas for discussion & comment on the subject laying track. These have worked well for me & I shall welcome observations from other members. Now, I must prepare supper for the dog. Where did I put my longbow? 8<)

Reactions: 1 user

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the asylum Perry. :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Perry - from the sound of your first couple of posts, you will fit in very well with the rest of our bunch of Assorted Nuts (yay, a seasonal reference!).... you might even get some sensible answers to anything you need to ask about!

Jon.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Perry. You'll get all sorts on here! Don't forget, we like piccys, lots of piccys.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the madness

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Perry, multiple track sounds good, Years ago I did it with N and Nn3, it worked nice with 3 rail switches code 40 but later... the eyes don`t work with this so I changed to G scale 1:24. Wish you luck with your project. Want to see pictures soon!

There`s a prototype for everything

Kurt

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
.......................... I toyed briefly with combining them as one mixed gauge route, but that way, insanity beckons!

Perry

Sounds like you've found the right place, then :D:D:D