Greetings from Bicknacre ?

tallboy

Registered
1 May 2016
Chelmsford
Best answers
Member of Gscale for 2 years but no layout boo hoo, attend the Salcot meetings due to son now living next door to hall and telling me they are playing trains in the hall! Wife sees grandchildren I see trains, a win win situation.
I'm sixty something years of age, retired and was an RAF driver/ BR loco driver and Ford HGV test driver.
Now have to use a wheelchair or walking frame when out due MS. Have modelled in OO and O gauge in the past and have been a volunteer fireman on the Swanage Railway until the disability really kicked in.

Incidentally Bicknacre is a little village 5 miles from Chelmsford in Essex.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Glad to see you found your way here, Chris - welcome to the forum - hope you enjoy it and get lots of inspiration from everything here! :)

Hope to see you at a few of the garden meets this year......

Jon.

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard. We all have ideas for you to draw upon. Some good, some better. But nothing bad.....LOL

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard. You'll like it here.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Two years without shouting about something? That makes you a a bit of a rarity.
Still, greetings from Luxembourg. I hope we can get the rest of your family onboard too.
My wife has MS as well, I encourage her to do do everything to slow down the disease, some days good, some days not so good. Sadly some of the things wrong with me make that difficult, but we manage and can still laugh.
You will surely love it and make a bunch of mates here,
Ian

Reactions: 1 user

lgbmad

Model trains....G scale mainly, but enjoy all othe
20 Oct 2011
Llanfyllin,Powys
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome ,be prepared to loose many hours on here ;)
Kev

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
A welcome from me too. It's such a diverse site here, there's always something of interest!

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, have fun. This scale is very accessible

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Even if you dont get around to building your own railway, it still might be good to get a loco to take to meets.

tallboy

Registered
1 May 2016
Chelmsford
Best answers
Two years without shouting about something? That makes you a a bit of a rarity.
Still, greetings from Luxembourg. I hope we can get the rest of your family onboard too.
My wife has MS as well, I encourage her to do do everything to slow down the disease, some days good, some days not so good. Sadly some of the things wrong with me make that difficult, but we manage and can still laugh.
You will surely love it and make a bunch of mates here,
Ian
In defence, I didn't know of this site until last Saturdays meet at Salcot when Zerogee told me about it.
As yet my MS hasn't stopped me driving my adapted car and I hope to get to as many meets as possible.

tallboy

Registered
1 May 2016
Chelmsford
Best answers
Glad to see you found your way here, Chris - welcome to the forum - hope you enjoy it and get lots of inspiration from everything here! :)

Hope to see you at a few of the garden meets this year......

Jon.
Thanks Jon, yes I hoped to get to a few providing it is safe for me to access the gardens or there are some fit bodies who can help me. It's a bugger when your legs don't work.

Chris

tallboy

Registered
1 May 2016
Chelmsford
Best answers
Thank you everyone for your welcome. I look forward to gleening much information from the forums.

Chris