Garret Shelf Queen

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Best answers
Well after a certain amount of exposure I have got my Garret off the shelf and tipped it on the side to see if I could see the build number. I used a torch and looked underneath. Found the made in China and QC labels but no number.

I would like to find out and find if it is a first or second run as tac alluded to the other day. Tomorrow I will visit the shed where the box etc is and see if there is anything there.

Any clues. Clive

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
The first and second batch only have the steam going through the superheater. The third and final batch split the steam just after the regulator, one pipe goes to the superheater, the other pipe direct to the rear engine. Just look in the cab.

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Sorry to be a pedant but Garrett produced traction engines. Herbert William Garratt produced the articulated steam locomotive.

You should give it a run now you've got it off the shelf Clive!

R J Mitchell

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Best answers
And a Garret with one "t" is a room on the top floor of a house!

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Best answers
I stand corrected. It will not get a run this time but hopefully next time. I need to start collecting rainwater and need some new butane cans.

I will look in the garage tomorrow pm an see if I can find a number on the original packaging. I think is should be a late one considering the delivery date. I had better see what batteries are in the tx as well.

Cheers Clive

24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Third (final) batch locos can also be easily identified by having two metal strips across the tops of the cab doorways. These give the cab structure more strength.

E

Elmtree Line

Clive,

That, sir, is a beautiful engine.

Put it to use like it was built for, shelves are for tacky ornaments not steam engines! :confused:

steamtom1

Live Steam
26 Oct 2009
mssls.info
Best answers
To emphasize the name difference, here is a picture of a gentleman named John Garrett, running his Accucraft Garratt, with my 1:32 Pannier in the foreground...

John%20Garrett,%20with%20his%20Garrett.jpg

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Best answers
Country flag
Underside running board, behind bufferbeam fronttruck =ser.no sticker

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Best answers
Good morning Palmerston

thank you for the information. I should be back there on Friday next and will give it a look. Thank you to the other gentlemen as well and she will run soon.

It was interesting to read the posts on colour and seeing Mr Garretts black engine with the Pannier plus the later Welsh Highland shots I think I am happy with my black one.

Should be a picture attached of when I rode behind "Millenium" on 17/10/2006 which prompted the wish for the green one.

Have a good day running. The Countess could run for the first time today. Subject to duties!

Clive