From China

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Has anyone bought stuff off EBay that has 'From China' on the listing? Are they worth buying from? Have you had any problems and if not, who was your supplier?

The reason I'm asking is that there are several listings for figures that look excellent value for money. My railway is going to be 'theme park' based and I need lots of figures and this route looks like it's the cheapest way to get loads of them.

But then again, if you know of an equivelent supplier in the UK or you have some to sell, then I'm all ears! :)

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Those figures have been around for a while and I have not heard of any supply problems. The paints a bit bright and thickly applied but at the price they are great.
I buy various things direct from ebay HK and China and have never had a problem - just keep an eye on the feedback score.

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
I have bought various bits from ebay from China and have had no problems. + Great stamps on the jiffy bags!!

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
You should have no problem with the fiugures from China. Pay by paypal and my advice is pay extra for painted ones unless you have unlimited patience or time.

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Best answers
Hi The figures are a birt small, and are vbelieved rto be copies of Prieser. Nothing wrong with the size as people are also all sizes, they are going to be very useful inside carriages with some surgery - I have 80 of them.

Here is a photo of them with other figures

db090385d46b4b519beb2e2276405c6f.jpg

The unpainted ones (& the figure with the green jacket on the extreme right) are the HK ones the other are a mixture of Schliech, Fine Folk, and Prieser, There are not many sittin down in a pack of 20 which has 4, 3 males in 2 poses & 4, 3, 3, & 3 female of which 3 are sitting down (all being the same).

They come packed in 20's in rather thin zip bags, packed in a corrugated box quite quickly, I paid by Paypal.

Yours PeterB

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
i havn't bought any G scale figs yet but in Z,N,OO i have bought a lot from an evilbay company called Everest and have no complaints at all,
Postage takes about 10 days
i will say to check out their other listings before you buy because the price changes daily ive seen 20 figs for £15 PLUS £5 postage but then look in their shop and you can get 10 for 4.99 with free postage also they almost give them away if you buy 100 or more

The other thing is dont be put off buying them unpainted. I buy restore and sell lead figures etc and even though i cant draw a pair of curtains painting 1/32 scale figures is very easy and very relaxing plus you can do a better job

Tony

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
Hi Tom

I have bought a few items including my 2.4Ghz FlySky radio control kit (p&p FREE!!!) - would recommend (as others have) using ebay & PayPal - their feedback scoring provides a degree of protection!

Rob

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Thanks everyone:clap:

I'm searching the listings as we speak!

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
I bought 200 unpainted figures in 1/30 scale - cost was 19.99 with free postage and they arrived in six days! Took me two or three evenings to paint 120 of them.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
royale said:
I bought 200 unpainted figures in 1/30 scale - cost was 19.99 with free postage and they arrived in six days! Took me two or three evenings to paint 120 of them.

I bought 40 of the unpainted ones. It took forever to paint them.
My next purchase was of 200 painted ones. I then selectively repainted the 'easy' bits to give variety and reduce the shine on the paint finish.
Most of them have ended up legless(!) and put into coaches.
Out of the 240 I had just two damaged, repairable ones.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
They have a wholesale section on ebay to and there even cheaper!
I bought a Condensor fan from a guy in Vietnam once and not only did I get the fan but a whole load of drawings done by his son which were very good............

5H17

Railways and Diesel preservation, American cars
25 Mar 2010
Sutton Coldfield
www.fourfooteightandahalf.com
Best answers
Never had a problem buying from HK or China. Ive bought a lot of camera kit over the years.
I keep looking at the unpainted figures too...might invest in some of those.

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
5H17 said:
Never had a problem buying from HK or China. Ive bought a lot of camera kit over the years.
I keep looking at the unpainted figures too...might invest in some of those.

A few figures and some small model trees a couple of years ago. No problems.

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Ooops, forgot to update this thread with the outcome.

I ordered some and they arrived in perfect condition in just under 2 weeks and with free postage! Excellent £5 worth.

Thanks again for the feedback. :clap: