DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Do we have any clever folk on the forum who can identify font types, I have a Bachmann tram 14 on which I would like to add addition numbers either the side of the existing number to change the vehicle number.

On a scrap end of a different tram I tried removing the number unsuccessfully, even taking care I still managed to rub off some of the base colour.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated, thanks.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Do we have any clever folk on the forum who can identify font types, I have a Bachmann tram 14 on which I would like to add addition numbers either the side of the existing number to change the vehicle number.

On a scrap end of a different tram I tried removing the number unsuccessfully, even taking care I still managed to rub off some of the base colour.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Do you use Microsoft? I use Word, type in the numerals that you want (and the font size), and just go through the different fonts. Also WordArt can be used in the same manner. Of course, if you don't use MS, then I haven't a clue!

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Do you use Microsoft? I use Word, type in the numerals that you want (and the font size), and just go through the different fonts. Also WordArt can be used in the same manner. Of course, if you don't use MS, then I haven't a clue!
That was one of the first things I started doing, have you ever gone through just about every font, you end up wondering what your looking at, there are hundreds of different fonts.

By the way you might want to seek medical advice, my wife says anyone who thinks like me should get themselves checked out ;):D

Reactions: 1 users

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I used to work with a guy who’s hobby was Fonts. I showed him one that I needed for my Irish stock and next day he came in with the font loaded on a floppy disk. ‘American Uncial‘ being as you asked.