Following up the "what loco?" thread I have bought one...

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Budget ruled in the end. I picked up a second Henschel LGB 0-4-0 shunter to make a pair. This afternoon I have ballasted them with lead flashing and hooked up the track power so they are running as one loco.

To dark for a pic but will get one soon. Have to say for minimal £ once they are loaded with a few llbs of lead under the hood and sharing pickups they are pulling 15 wagons slow and smooth. Thanks for all the advice.

The only trouble is i want a 44 tonner and a LGB 0-6-0, and a rugens plus a pait of stainz.....after all you chaps ideas! wifey is being a tuff negotiator at the mo being overdue with the baby and a right stress head. garage with the shunters was needed solace! :D

Thanks specially to Stainz master who effectively gave me the idea of doubling up to get the grunt, jsut did it with diesel outline as already had one!

Aljosha

Animals + their Surgery ;-), G/H0 Scale, Trumpet,
24 Oct 2009
Paris, France
Best answers
:applause: sounds like you have it under control! Wish you even better success in negotiating when baby is 'launched' ;) ! Oh, BTW, the comedian Michael McIntyre gathered some experience ref 'overdue baby' and put it into his show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kzVwwLMTM

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
CoggesRailway - 29/11/2009 7:34 PM
wifey is being a tuff negotiator at the mo being overdue with the baby
Can you blame her? Anyway let us know when G-scale junior arrives and we will lift a glass in the direction of Mum and Nipper! :clap:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Dont - you will never have the cash to replace them once you have kids :loser:

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
stockers - 30/11/2009 5:00 PM

Dont - you will never have the cash to replace them once you have kids :loser:

True, thought nothing of selling the Merc 280 and Citroen DS21 Pallas, thinking both would be replaced in short order...

That was 13 years ago.

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
funandtrains - 29/11/2009 8:36 PM Sounds like you are in a similar situation to me with my wife now expecting our second apart from I bought most of my trains before I got married and now am being told to sell some to make room for the children!:( :)
</p><p>You should have had it in the contract from the start Steve - Will you marry me....<font size="1">and my trains (small print)</font></p>

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
Bram - 30/11/2009 11:37 AM

<p>
funandtrains - 29/11/2009 8:36 PM Sounds like you are in a similar situation to me with my wife now expecting our second apart from I bought most of my trains before I got married and now am being told to sell some to make room for the children!:( :)
</p><p>You should have had it in the contract from the start Steve - Will you marry me....<font size="1">and my trains (small print)</font></p>

Trouble is, she'll get the trains whatever happens......suggest a pre nup :rofl: :rofl: