Figurines

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
This seems to be the most appropriate place for this...
Yesterday I got several Lemax figurines for use in a Xmas display at a v good price - I thought - from Dawsons Dept Store based in Clitheroe.
Mostly they are 'period' figures but some are useable or could be modified.
They are slightly small for LGB but look OK in a display or group away from the locos. They might be the correct size for USAT or Piko.
They have an extra 25% off at the moment so individual figures are only £1.79 each. I bought the Minister, a couple of bands and a choir.
bd42cbf9963a4333ada026a494840f03.jpg

d39d71117aa84af3ba17ca3820754c95.jpg

Their delivery is fast, also the courier gives you a 1hr slot and sends a message to your mobile with the details.
Despite living for 20 years just a few miles from them and having relatives in the town I had never heard of Dawsons previously.
http://www.christmasatdawsons.co.uk/lemax-villages.asp

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Thanks for that Keith. Although some of the figures are a bit too Dickensian and wintery for me, one or two look spot on. How easy is is to saw off the bases and make other minor adjustments? I'm thinking of the removal of scarves and small details by filing/carving.

Do you know how long the offer lasts?

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
exellent!!!.....good idea..why not......

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
I thought that I had got a good deal but many of these figures eg the vicar - are now available on Amazon for as little as 77p.
They were not there last week. :crying:

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
C&S said:
Thanks for that Keith. Although some of the figures are a bit too Dickensian and wintery for me, one or two look spot on. How easy is is to saw off the bases and make other minor adjustments? I'm thinking of the removal of scarves and small details by filing/carving.

Do you know how long the offer lasts?
The bases are quite chunky but I suspect that they could be removed quite easily. The resin seems hard without being too brittle.
I don't recall a time limit on the offer. Probably it will last as long as they have figures but check Amazon first as some figures are cheaper there by £1+ each.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder how weather resistant the lamp posts are. About 4 inches tall.:D

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
stockers said:
I wonder how weather resistant the lamp posts are. About 4 inches tall.:D

Yes I looked at those, they have at least 4 variants but it doesn't say on any of the sites including the main Lemax one that they are suitable for outdoors.