dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I know we should not take the Micky about people’s possible voice affliction but I did find his manner of talk most amusing. Many moons ago in Model Engineer a guy was using steel strip for a 5inch line in a similar way but I can’t remember how the points were.

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
It looked a little light in cross section to me?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
It looked a little light in cross section to me?
No fine for what he is doing with it, no 1 ton wagon loads just lightweight but awkward carp moving around. He has done a second vid with an A frame conversion to one of his trolleys for humping 8x4 boards about. Now that is worthwhile as they and even chipboard 8x2 floor boards are a pain to get around.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I'm surprised he did not entertain a stub switch, even simpler, no welding, and smooth curves.

This is a 5 way, but the principal holds

5_way_train-li.JPG

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
No fine for what he is doing with it, no 1 ton wagon loads just lightweight but awkward carp moving around. He has done a second vid with an A frame conversion to one of his trolleys for humping 8x4 boards about. Now that is worthwhile as they and even chipboard 8x2 floor boards are a pain to get around.
Further looking at his site has revealed a Mono Rail that a mate of his has created and appears to be selling on to sundry small holdings. This is as simple as can be and could easily be applied in your garden for lumping heavy stuff about. I think I would have built one had I been aware of it when building my current line. Anyone with a Mig Welder could do one.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
We know the lump hammer has gone! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Homo Habilis

Registered
16 Apr 2016
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Paul, quite enjoyed this, thanks. As to his voice and cadence he reminded me of Wallace of Wallace & Gromit fame and that's a compliment. :clap: