Ex Ruschbahn Loco and Stock

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
I originally posted this in reply to JonDs remark about Ruschbahn stock, but it should really have it's own thread.

In October 2013 I purchased a large amount of the rolling stock, as well as a couple of engines, from the closed Ruschbahn system via Glendale Junction. The locomotives have been repainted but the stock continues in regular use on my line in as-purchased condition although now carrying my own stock numbers. This short clip shows a complete train of Ex Ruschbahn running last week (August 2016)

Reactions: 2 users

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
This is the engine on the Ruschbahn in earlier days, along with one of the flat wagons that make up the train.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very timely posting as it is just over 3 Years since Andy passed away to that great Model Railway in the Sky, I still miss him and the Rushchbahn greatly.

Seeing all those Bogie Flats and 4 Wheel Flats reminds me of how congested the small Marshalling Yard at Millisee could become on Operating Days. Particularly if Mountain Sidings had been loading a lot of Logs. It is good that you are keeping those Flats running and I wonder how you keep the Piko Alligator running, as it was an Early one. The Wheels were the horrible non plated ones and it was not such a good runner in its later days on the Ruschbahn. You have clearly got on top of the beast. The Bogie Flats were mostly Bachman ines with Swiss Style Platforms added to one end on most of them. Though I think he also had the LGB 2 DR set as well. The 4 wheelers were mostly converted from odds and sods, again with Platforms on the ends.

I of course asked to have the Diesel Railcar and it does get regular trips out on my line. Seen at Gernrode with the Clipboard above for the turn that it is working and relavent Wagon Cards. Andy used Wagon Cards on his line with waybills and it made the Freight Operation much more disciplined.
image.jpeg
The LLB was a regular part of the Ruschbahn and the Blue Wagons were all my repaints that spent many happy Hours on the line. The 2 Grey Sand Opens are my recent conversions of Playmobils to represent the Bogie ones that were on the Ruschbahn, I think that Lordraglan may have had them on his line as well at some time.image.jpeg
Quite a few of my Coaches spent many Years on the Ruschbahn and the two RHB Bogie ones seen here were used on Trains that had a portion from that line through to the Ruschbahn. The 4 wheel shorty van and 3 others were pretty much on permanent loan as well due to my conversion to full sized DR Stock on my former line in Hemel. These are all used on my Winter Timetable in my Shed, plus as Guards Riding Van on this set that is a Spare set of Stock. The Blue Diesel was also not unknown on the Ruschbahn and was particularly useful on the Track Cleaning Train. Being Battery Powered it does suffer dirty track very well.image.jpeg
Finally the Fuel Train seen in My Silberhutte Station came from the Ruschbahn. The Bogie Tank Wagon is a repainted Bachman Kit. The 3 4 Wheelers are all Newquid. The 2 Barriers are conversions from who knows what, I think the bodies were a cut down from a Newquid Bogie Open, but where the 4 Wheel Chassis came from is anyones guess. Andy was a great adapter of all sorts. Nothing much went to waste.

The Railcar can again be seen lurking along with my 2 Car Railcar and GRS Diesel, also regulars at the Ruschbahn. The Lever frams is also a Ruschbahn original. Finally it should be noted that Silberhutte Station seen here was formerly Carolstadt named after Andrews sadly departed wife, her sad death resluting a great part in the creation of that magnificent line.image.jpeg
Andy and the Ruschbahn, gone but never forgotten.
JonD

Reactions: 3 users

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
The bogie Sand Opens from the Ruschbahn are certainly still in use of my line JonD, along with the loaded wood wagons as well.
This photo was taken this morning of them being hauled by what was originally the Millesee Station pilot engine, although now repainted.
I am pleased so many of the Ruschbahn wagons found a home on my line three years ago, so they were not split up and scattered to the four winds.

IMG_0500.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I mention the Ruschbahn a lot in many of my posts and have been delighted to see some in retirement in Suffolk. There had been a good few pics on the net notably on Atomic Systems but these appeared to disappear a few years back so I was delighted to find this set which may well have been the same pics have appeared on Flickr. Well worth a look if you wish to see a superb Swiss based line that even had scratch built overhead wiring.