Everyone needs a tank, don't they?

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
The goblins that run security at the Koobler Cookie factory have obtained a second-hand Sherman tank and are refurbishing it. They need it to make sure none of the pastries escape the factory. They're still trying to recapture that crate of cookies that made it out the gates last month and are currently tooling around the rail system. The claims of the crate of cookies chasing down fairies, and gnomes and eating them is purely a tall tail. Just to be safe, though, you might want to avoid any lone crates sitting on a rail siding.

45722711122_8802e61322_b.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
That's one very short Sherman.....

Jon.

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
The goblins needed a smaller, more maneuverable armored vehicle.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Wasn't the Sherman nicknamed the "cigarette lighter" because of it's thin side armour which meant a hit by almost anything other than a bullet made it burst into flames?

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe, but how much damage can a crate of shortbread do?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Wasn't the Sherman nicknamed the "cigarette lighter" because of it's thin side armour which meant a hit by almost anything other than a bullet made it burst into flames?

They were called "Ronsons", or "Tommy Cookers" by the Germans - it wasn't so much down to thin armour, as the lack of wet storage for the main gun ammo (rectified in some later models, I believe) that made them very prone to "cooking off" when hit and brewing up in a spectacularly horrible way. I think I recall once reading that the crews reckoned that after taking a penetrating hit, they had something like four seconds to get out before the whole thing went up like dropping a match into a box of fireworks..... :(

Jon.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
They were called "Ronsons", or "Tommy Cookers" by the Germans - it wasn't so much down to thin armour, as the lack of wet storage for the main gun ammo (rectified in some later models, I believe) that made them very prone to "cooking off" when hit and brewing up in a spectacularly horrible way. I think I recall once reading that the crews reckoned that after taking a penetrating hit, they had something like four seconds to get out before the whole thing went up like dropping a match into a box of fireworks..... :(

Jon.

That's the term, "Ronsons" after the cigarette lighter. It was really a bit of both problems because although the front armour of the Sherman was heavy plate, the sides were much thinner.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Looks very dumpy compared to the one I repaired yesterday for the Army?

Used as a training aid....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
So................
The Army have a Dumpling Sherman, to try to capture a box of Killer Cookies!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just wait 'til Huffington (sp) and Asage (sp) get hold of this!! :devil::giggle:;)

Are we safe in the biscuit aisle of the supermarket?

Call a 'COBRA' meeting, and get the PM to make a statement to The Hause! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
Are the biscuits made by goblins in a factory owned by slightly deranged elves?

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Are the biscuits made by goblins in a factory owned by slightly deranged elves?

You tell me!??

It is your phantasmagorical railway, after all! :);):nod::nod:

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
The biscuits and croissants, and cookies, and pies, and cakes, etc., coming out of this factory are. You've never had breakfast until your Eccles cake tries to steal your bacon...

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
Oh, man. It just occurred to me that I am going to have to make a rail car adapter for the tank so it can chase after the cookies when they are spotted.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, so the Maple Syrup is to slow the Eccles Cake down??

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
That's the term, "Ronsons" after the cigarette lighter. It was really a bit of both problems because although the front armour of the Sherman was heavy plate, the sides were much thinner.
That and the fact they were petrol/gasoline fuelled, rather than diesel.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My late father, prohibited from joining the British Armed Forces in WW2 due to his somewhat 'incendiary youth'', was a highly-skilled welding technician, and spent post-D-Day repairing recoverable tanks and other tracked vehicles. He used to tell me about the way that the 88mm and 75mm German projectiles would traverse the entire Sherman hull from end to end, sometimes exiting the engine compartment. He recalled the sheer slaughter of one Canadian Regiment - Lord Strathcona's Horse - in Op Goodwood, that lost over 80% of its 120 or so Shermans between 9am and 12 midday during the breakout to Caen.

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
thats not a sher-man,,,, its a sher-min,,,,

Reactions: 1 user

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
This tank shoots Cream Horns. Or Eclairs, if things get really serious...

Huh? What?

Registered
19 Jun 2017
Arizona
Best answers
Country flag
The tank is a model from Meng models that is a model from a video game called World War Toons. There is a whole series of squashed down tanks. The nice part about the sort of fantasy rail road I'm doing is that scale becomes less important. I'll have everything from big old giants to tiny little sprites, and all the cars and houses to go along with it. By the time I'm done, I'll be using everything from g-scale to z-scale. I intend to have on fancy house with it's own garden, and in the garden will be a z-scale garden railway layout. It'll be on a board that can be removed when it isn't being run.