bruno.degraeve

Bruno De Graeve
10 Oct 2021
Elsene (Brussels), Belgium
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
hello max,

I just bought the MDS Modell uncoupler and servo (type = GH-S37D) and try how to connect it to an ESU Loksound 5XL.
The connection is via the three-pin connector (AUX15) and I have set the function output to "Servo 1". I left the default values for what they are.
Next, I linked the AUX15 output to F25. However, now if I press F25, keep pressing or release, the servo doesn't move at all. Any idea what I should check or reconfigure?

thank you, Bruno

Keith RhB

Registered
23 Oct 2012
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I think you need to confirm the default values for the end positions etc., are correct. Looking at section 12.5.8 of the manual it reads as though they may not be set from the factory. Does the servo make any noise or try to hold a position when you trigger the function?

bruno.degraeve

Bruno De Graeve
10 Oct 2021
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
hi Keith, the servo doesn't make any noise, except when I put current on the locomotive, in other words, when I use the ESU Lokprogrammer, when I enable the lok to test the functions, I hear a small noise but that's it.

Keith RhB

Registered
23 Oct 2012
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I guess it’s best to start with the simple things and go from there.
-Have you confirmed the servo actually works? Have you got an r/c plane or something you can plug it in to to test it?
-do the pin configurations on the decoder match the servo? So +,-,signal are in same order on pins?
-have you tried any of the other servo connections on the decoder to see if they might work?
-I know this is a dumb question, but it’s something I’ve done before: sometimes it’s confusing how they number the servo connections depending on which side of the decoder you’re looking from—so are you actually plugged in to output #1 and not #4 by accident?
-can you use your programmer to see what the default endpoints are set to for the servo outputs?

bruno.degraeve

Bruno De Graeve
10 Oct 2021
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
I guess it’s best to start with the simple things and go from there.
-Have you confirmed the servo actually works? Have you got an r/c plane or something you can plug it in to to test it?
-do the pin configurations on the decoder match the servo? So +,-,signal are in same order on pins?
-have you tried any of the other servo connections on the decoder to see if they might work?
-I know this is a dumb question, but it’s something I’ve done before: sometimes it’s confusing how they number the servo connections depending on which side of the decoder you’re looking from—so are you actually plugged in to output #1 and not #4 by accident?
-can you use your programmer to see what the default endpoints are set to for the servo outputs?

Finally found the solution, checking out another project where a similar servo has been used.

What I didn't configure yet, were Position A and B, as I left them to the defaults, wrongly assuming the Duration settings were sufficient.

1659370494766.png