Emergency Plough Build :-)

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi all,

Just thrown this together after work in the hope of snow!! It is made of stiff plastic sheet which I guess is plasticard much talked of on here.

Its screwed to a playmobile powered tender and will be pushed by a couple of white pass alcos.

I think prepped and nicely sprayed up with wasp stripes on the blade it'll look OK. It is based very loosely on Dave Hubs idea, but comepletely out of my head in 1 hour so not claiming it's a masterpiece.

All i need now is........ snow!

PS that shadow on the pic makes it look wierd. in fact the pic has not done justice at all :-(

[attachment deleted by admin]

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
all that matters is that it works,, and the trains get through!! well done that man!!!:clap:

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
I'm impressed, it took me forever (a month) to get mine finished, then you just knock something similar up in an hour. well done that man.

Hope you get the snow to see it in action.

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
CoggesRailway said:
Hi all,

Just thrown this together after work in the hope of snow!! It is made of stiff plastic sheet which I guess is plasticard much talked of on here.

Its screwed to a playmobile powered tender and will be pushed by a couple of white pass alcos.

I think prepped and nicely sprayed up with wasp stripes on the blade it'll look OK. It is based very loosely on Dave Hubs idea, but comepletely out of my head in 1 hour so not claiming it's a masterpiece.

All i need now is........ snow!

PS that shadow on the pic makes it look wierd. in fact the pic has not done justice at all :-(

Having just walked out my back door into the garden, you would nead something more substantial than that to clear my line from the amount of snow that is on it!
Lots of snow in this area, so really looking forward to a day of bus driving in it.....(assuming some of the country roads are passable, that is!)

Hope you got some snow too.......

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
My plow's not ready :thumbdown:

But, even though we've got just the right amount of snow to plough (about 1") it'd be a very brave man who went out to play trains in this wind - one might be gone for some time........................... :-

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
No snow here! Still I can tidy it up and make a better job of it and hope for some another time....

simon@mgr

Aviation, model engineering & all things technical
25 Oct 2009
Gold Coast, QLD, The Land Downunder
Best answers
Country flag
Nice plough, but isn't snow what you get on TV?

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Looks good homemade plows built like that are great. Makes them unique. I have winter storm warnings up for my area. Up to a foot. Thats when I bring out the hand plow. (a kids snow shovel cut a little wider then the tracks. Works great for deep stuff LOL

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Dave Hub you are too kind- but not telling the whole story! Your's is in different league altogether!! I gave up trying to heat mould nice 3D curves into the blade very quickly!!

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
interested to see how it runs