Electrical problem with Gourmino Dining Car

Kevin

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Mids
Best answers
Country flag
Had a problem with my Gourmino Dining car last night.

I was enjoying running a nice rake of passenger cars well into the evening when I decided to turn on the lights on my 6 month old Gourmino Car. all the car lights flickered (including the table lights) and the car make a horrible buzzing nice. Then, all lights when out and the MTS when into stop mode. Clearly, there is a short somewhere. I took off the switch cover underneath the car but everything looks ok. Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect it will be a guarantee job.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Kevin said:
Had a problem with my Gourmino Dining car last night.

I was enjoying running a nice rake of passenger cars well into the evening when I decided to turn on the lights on my 6 month old Gourmino Car. all the car lights flickered (including the table lights) and the car make a horrible buzzing nice. Then, all lights when out and the MTS when into stop mode. Clearly, there is a short somewhere. I took off the switch cover underneath the car but everything looks ok. Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect it will be a guarantee job.

Mines ok. It sounds like a short in the wiring. Non of the pickup cables have come off the axles before have they. Theres not a chance of mixing the cable up its just a thought.
I've come accross some thing similar on a RHB railbus. Itwas on the lighting strip under the roof.
Hope its some help

Kevin

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Mids
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Phil for your reply. I've checked all the connectors and everything seems fine. I have a feeling that either a bulb has blown and short circuit or, the circuit board has gone faulty.