Elcheapo Electronic speed control.

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
So I bid on 2 cheap speed controls (xys-bd20a) and they are labeled as having a brake. What I did not know is that its not a lock up all the wheels type brake but an inertia brake. Also its claimed to work from 4 to 8.4 v @20amps.... Runs quite happily at 14v @ 1 amp. So Off we go tram is running along I turn the knob to centre to stop it and the tram coasts about 300mm before stopping. Maybe its a dud or a factor of not drawing much current?
RC 20A Brushed ESC Car Motor Speed Controller Bothway With brake function F 1/16 | eBay

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
So I bid on 2 cheap speed controls (xys-bd20a) and they are labeled as having a brake. What I did not know is that its not a lock up all the wheels type brake but an inertia brake. Also its claimed to work from 4 to 8.4 v @20amps.... Runs quite happily at 14v @ 1 amp. So Off we go tram is running along I turn the knob to centre to stop it and the tram coasts about 300mm before stopping. Maybe its a dud or a factor of not drawing much current?
RC 20A Brushed ESC Car Motor Speed Controller Bothway With brake function F 1/16 | eBay
Not sure I understand how much would you have wanted it to coast on your shortish line?

I remember these sort of controllers in my youth that were of little use to me as they would take around two circuits of my very short line to stop. 300mm would have been just right I reckon.

My current experience with Inertia settings on my Fosworks Battery Handsets is that ai do not like it prefering a Direct to the Control Knob Control, but that is just me. On DCC I also do not play about with Inertia for the same reason.

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
Not sure I understand how much would you have wanted it to coast on your shortish line?

I remember these sort of controllers in my youth that were of little use to me as they would take around two circuits of my very short line to stop. 300mm would have been just right I reckon.

My current experience with Inertia settings on my Fosworks Battery Handsets is that ai do not like it prefering a Direct to the Control Knob Control, but that is just me. On DCC I also do not play about with Inertia for the same reason.

Hmm yes... But now that I have it I can probably use it. It lets me do real emergency stops like the real thing, cutoff and give it a notch in reverse....

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag