ebay Mike’s expedition THE PICTURES. - Just the pictures please.

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
A few days later, the Mayor was arrested. Accusations of bribery, corruption, and other unpleasant things had been going around for some time, and they'd now been thoroughly investigated. It is safe to say he won't have a public position again.

The King, who had in fact noticed a lot but had chosen not to bring it up over lunch, made sure the next Mayor was different. Unassuming. She talked. She listened. She visited the victims of the melee that were still in hospital, and she also visited their relatives and tried to see after their needs.

She promoted plans that benefitted the entire community instead of just certain groups. For instance, maintenance of tram stops had previously been focused on those stops that the former Mayor's friends happened to use. Now the new Mayor made sure the stops whose shelters leaked got priority, regardless of who used them.

Here she's being explained the situation by Ellie from Permanent Way, who impressed the Mayor with her knowledge of the system and her ability to explain it to the layperson.

Mayor&Ellie.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jasper

11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Naturally, she was pleased to see Mike on his feet again. Luckily he has recovered pretty well, and feels able to walk some distance.

20240331_123013.jpg

Jasper

11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
"Mr Mike, a belated welcome to the Flamingo Tramway! Please meet Ellie, of Permanent Way. I have found she really knows the nuts and bolts of the system, and she'll explain everything to you today. Enjoy your visit!"

20240323_174009.jpg

Jasper

11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
But try as he might, Mike found it hard to stay focused on what Ellie told him. Not that it wasn't interesting, and she was knowledgeable indeed, but each time Mike looked at her he was somehow distracted.

20240323_174521.jpg

20240323_175312.jpg

20240323_175244.jpg

20240323_174716.jpg

20240323_174753.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag

Jasper

11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Before starting on another long journey, Mike takes a moment by himself, standing pensively by the tracks.

It suddenly dawns on him that he still doesn't know why this line is called the "Flamingo Tramway".

20240329_112301.jpg

Safe travels, Mike!

Reactions: 1 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Before starting on another long journey, Mike takes a moment by himself, standing pensively by the tracks.

It suddenly dawns on him that he still doesn't know why this line is called the "Flamingo Tramway".

View attachment 325612

Safe travels, Mike!
Jasper, Where is he off too next ?

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Ebay Mike visited my workshop today. He saw my latest acquisition and had a good look around. He also saw a tower car that is intended for a friend.

Attachments

• 002m-wagen modell-10.04.2024.jpeg
    002m-wagen modell-10.04.2024.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 0
  • 009-turmwagen-ebay-mike.jpeg
    009-turmwagen-ebay-mike.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 0

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Ebay Mike travelled with me to Hanover Wehmingen to the local tram museum. Unfortunately we didn't have time to visit the big original trams. We still had to do some work on the huge LGB model layout for the opening day on Sunday. A new bypass had to be fitted with overhead lines. The tracks were also lined with polystyrene. Lighting had to be repositioned. The 12V lamps were replaced by LEDs. In the evening we sat together and enjoyed a drink or two... uhh beers. Saturday was used for the remaining work and test drives.
The next day, Ebay Mike first visited a Dutch exhibition in the showroom.
full

full

full

Later he visited the steam tram at the steam depot.
full

He was even allowed on the locomotive.

full

He then visited a film set from araound 1907.
full

A Remscheid tram was parked a little way off for the film.
full

A Soling tram train from the 1920s was later to be incorporated into the film. Ebay Mike took the opportunity to flirt with the pretty conductor.
full

The tram could not run because of an accident on the side road. So Ebay Mike had to walk past the scene of the accident.
full

full

At the nearby fire station, Ebay asked Mike for the nearest tram stop.
full

He asked at the nearby fire station, which was still in the construction site area of the new part of the plant. This is partly being built with a three-rail track for metre and standard gauge.
full

The disruption did last longer. The nice employees of the work tran saw him waiting there. They spoke to him and then he was allowed to travel on the trailer at his own request.
full

They drove him to another depot. There Ebay Mike met a driving school tram. He looked at the vehicle and...
full

He was invited on a tour, before which he was allowed to have a look around the depot.
full

He was slowly getting hungry.
full

full

He also had a look round the depot for the work trams.
full

The overhead line was switched off in the depot especially for him and he climbed onto the tower tram.
full

He travelled on with the Aachen tram 1001.
full

This is a tram with a Westwaggon four-axle wagon, with a standard trailer behind it.
full

See next thread, please.

Last edited:

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
At the next stop he came across a tram fan. He was eager to film the trams.
full

He tried to call home, but nobody answered the phone.
full

He was starting to get hungry and headed for a snack bar. He ate something delicious, but couldn't say what it was.
full

While waiting for the next tram, he spoke to a young backpacker.
full

Then he saw the dispatcher's van. He asked the traffic warden why the trains were still running late.
full

The transport manager invited him to visit the main depot.
full

There were many trams there. He watched the trams coming in and out.
full

He then travelled to the next stop and studied the ticket machine there.
full

The long day on the tracks of the Lgb tramway system made him hungry again.
full

An elderly woman lived at the bus stop. She told him...
full

...that there was a Goliath tricycle behind the house.
full

See next thread, please.

With the Düwag eight-axle tram he travelled to the main street with the old houses.
full

He got off at the big roundabout and walked through the small park.
full

The trams can turn here from the circle in all directions.
full

He wandered along the road and watched the police officer operating a speed trap with interest. While Ebay Mike was standing there, the policeman caught two car drivers.
full

The Vespa rider was too slow for the camera.
full

The vintage Citroen was just standing there at the side of the road.
full

One of the houses has just been completely renovated.
full

He didn't want to say how he came across the roof truss.
full

This house is a bit disreputable. What is he doing there?
full

He came back to the roundabout. A few VW Bus friends met here and showed off their vehicles.
full

He couldn't resist the mobile cake stand.
full

He talked to the driver of the refuse lorry about the technology on the lorry.
full

On his way home, he passed through a small neighbourhood. A new wrought-iron gate had just been installed here.
full

A little further on, he felt at home. Why?
full

As he couldn't find a decent toilet at the time, he relieved himself in this porta-potty.
full

He came back to me. Then we drove back to Wuppertal on Monday. He wants to ride the suspension railway at the weekend.

That's all for now. Peter

Reactions: 1 users