dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I think this may be the same model, if not it's a twin.

View attachment 249160

David
Could well be that is another G3 Layout that I have seen elsewhere at a Show, wish I could remember where but I managed to get a copy of the Mag Write Up of it.

Derek G

Registered
3 Feb 2019
Weymouth
Best answers
I have been struggling to remove the glazing out of mine. Theres a lot of glue holding them on along the sides. Perhaps I should be brave but dont want to crack them unless I can help it. Your Claribels look very tidy!!

Derek G

Registered
3 Feb 2019
Weymouth
Best answers
Updates on Claribel (see attached shots) Roof now covered in wet& Dry paper. Plasticard end covers area where nose was. Constructed to replicate other coach end. Interior created and painted (plasticard/wood/sticky sided foam). Interior lighting and tail light finalised. Exterior painted Carmine with black ends.
Still to do - populate with passengers/ move couplings in for less overhang/ add 3rd class decals to the doors...249848249849249850249851249852249853249854249855249856249857

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I have been struggling to remove the glazing out of mine. Theres a lot of glue holding them on along the sides. Perhaps I should be brave but dont want to crack them unless I can help it. Your Claribels look very tidy!!

Bachmann must use some heavy duty solvent glue because most Emily coaches I've seen, the glue that holds the glazing has distorted the outside walls and shiny paintwork where the glue blobs are.
Maybe try running a very small dribble of some PVC pipe priming fluid with a needle syringe between the glazing and inside walls to soften it while prying apart. Be very careful not to get it on the visible glazing parts though otherwise it will fog the windows. Wipe it off immediately only once if so. You can buff out small marks with a Dremmel. Good luck! :)

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Just looked at that thread - thanks for the link! Annie/Claribel have morphed into a variety of different guises it seems!

I have an extra Claribel to make into a Henrietta for Toby. I'm just holding off just in case Bachmann come out with one but I doubt it considering the way the large scale market is now.

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
I have an extra Claribel to make into a Henrietta for Toby. I'm just holding off just in case Bachmann come out with one but I doubt it considering the way the large scale market is now.
Same here. I bought a Claribel the same tie I bought my Toby. Originally I was going to do a whole rake of cars from one of the Rev's original stories "Toby's Vintage Train". I may still... we shall see... Currently a dismantled Claribel sits on a shelf; roof badly repainted, glazings removed, and holes drilled for new handrails.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
<Mild thread-drift warning!>

I was under the impression, that any glue which would 'fog' glazing, even if sparingly used. would tend to have the remains of the solvent (?) migrate, over time, into the visible part of the window? - Or have I got this wrong??

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
<Mild thread-drift warning!>

I was under the impression, that any glue which would 'fog' glazing, even if sparingly used. would tend to have the remains of the solvent (?) migrate, over time, into the visible part of the window? - Or have I got this wrong??

It probably does if in contact for any period of time. I'm talking about the priming fluid or thinners. You don't want to get any on the visible parts at all but if it does and you wipe it off real quick within a second or two it won't blemish things to the point of not being able to polish out. The stuff can run everywhere that's why just a minute amount via syringe only to the stubborn glue joins which are all below the windows anyway. A scraper blade prying the window a little to create a gap to poke the syringe and once the glue softens with pressure they hopefully pop off. The thin top glue line on the Thomas/Emily coaches can be easily parted with a sharp craft knife first.

Last edited: