does this FA1 made by a.craft??

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi member...

so i have just brought fa1 u.p. (wait in the post) but does anyone know if it was from a.craft or ? im puzzle but very nice FA1 ....WHAT A MINT AND WHAT A BEAST!! LOVES IT
what year does this diesel ran in usa? what era?...19..?

does anyone who mite know if any spare instructions for this FA1?...GIVE ME A call.....

so what volts will ran this diesel? can it ran on R_ CURVE TRACKS? will it work on my basic engineer a.craft transformer with my hand held remote control?
thks......

Westcott

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Apperley, Glos
www.the-wests.com
Best answers

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve,

I saw that one on ebay. I think the seller said it's done some running in its life and the wheel tyre plating is worn away somewhat? If so it should still run ok but you'll find it will need cleaning more often.

What couplings do you use? Looks like the FA-1 has Kadee couplings (on the front at least) so you may need to change these?

It does look nice, I hope it turns out to be a good one for you. We expect to see photos of it on your line of course!

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
ntpntpntp said:
Hi Steve,

I saw that one on ebay. I think the seller said it's done some running in its life and the wheel tyre plating is worn away somewhat? If so it should still run ok but you'll find it will need cleaning more often.

What couplings do you use? Looks like the FA-1 has Kadee couplings (on the front at least) so you may need to change these?

It does look nice, I hope it turns out to be a good one for you. We expect to see photos of it on your line of course!

hi so i will take this coupler off from the front...will use spare knuckle couplers tht i got loads for it to pit in the back of fa1......yes will take a photos of it when i get them in the post...so i have 3 usat NW-2!!!..so wud u like to see my utube videoing?
so my bro will inpect inside the fa1..coz he is full time electrical engineer!!!!.......check it and re-modfied if needed.....to be honest tht i sold my usat SW-4 U.P. TO bloke.....then i got a fleet of nw-2 all modfied and weathering!!!!....

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Westcott said:
Hi Steve,

Yes, it is indeed an Aristocraft.

Like all orher G scale stuff they run on up to 24 volts.
Yes, they will go round R1 curves, but not very prototypically.
And yes, the basic Train Engineer is ideal.

Wikipedia has a history overview of the FA -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALCO_FA

Aristocraft have downloadable user manuals -

http://aristocraft.com/techinfo/manuals pdf/22000fa.pdf
many thks u for the links...kool stuffs.......so wud u like to see my utubes videoing of my nw-2?

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
ntpntpntp said:
Hi Steve,

eBay?

It's from our very own meerkat!

http://www.gscalecentral.net/m64230

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Thought I recognised that garage...

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Great buy there Steven got my self a FA1 several months ago a good little runner :clap:
b256cd4614ff4d98b4024b9ccc2fabaf.jpg

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
It was my first locomotive, and early run. The plating wore of the wheels pretty fast, making track power hard to use, so I switched it over to battery power. Later runs had better wheels, I think!

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Richie said:
Great buy there Steven got my self a FA1 several months ago a good little runner :clap:
images

hi richie...what a beast it tht!!!!! loves it so hw many volts can yr fa1 ran?.....but i was gobsmacked tht my fa1 fitted with sound!!!!......got reply from him days ago....

so did u pay for this alots of monies?.......

loves tht railroading livery!! ROCK ISLAND,,,,, got logo sign on my shed door!!!!...lmao

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
steven large said:
Richie said:
images

hi richie...what a beast it tht!!!!! loves it so hw many volts can yr fa1 ran?.....but i was gobsmacked tht my fa1 fitted with sound!!!!......got reply from him days ago....

loves tht railroading livery!! ROCK ISLAND,,,,, got logo sign on my shed door!!!!...lmao

Hi Steven
Not sure about the volts but the loco is a smooth runner ,i think i paid around £75 for it last summer , really like the Rock Island red black and white livery the USAT GP9 looks nice in it , would like a FB unit for it but no luck yet . As my line is Rockery Ridge and built on a rockery i felt i should have a loco from RockIsland .

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Richie said:
steven large said:
Richie said:
images

Hi Steven
Not sure about the volts but the loco is a smooth runner ,i think i paid around £75 for it last summer , really like the Rock Island red black and white livery the USAT GP9 looks nice in it , would like a FB unit for it but no luck yet . As my line is Rockery Ridge and built on a rockery i felt i should have a loco from RockIsland .
kool.....i paid for mine is about 75 quids!....bargin.....when i get it this week i will try to run it as testing then see inside if any need repairs..but at the moment i mite need a instructions for it if it didnt come with fa1...
so when i get it and i have to make sure if any clearance in my layout......at the moment i was thinking i mite go for 3rd project tracks around the fence....wait and see....depend...coz of the tracks is too pricey...need secondhand....mmm

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
I think you can download instructions from the Aristo web site. Might check it out. They have a forum there also, if they are not available I'm sure some one would scan them for you.

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag