do all stainz have directional headlights

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
recently acquired my first MODERN stainz-20211-#'3' printed on the cab over  "LGB" -highly detailed plastic rods  (all my others and my 2015's are all the older metal rods) 

virtually new-no box   

via ebay -

so, 

im asking if the features are correct for this loco-i believe it was from a starter set circa 1998 or so 

this engine has a cab light-no smoke unit-but has the stack designs for an insert-ipresuem the early ones may have been without units

both rear and front lamps are lighted while running, regardless of direction of travel-intuition tells me this isnt correct- 

cab light always is on 

this version uses 24 volt pin bulbs

im impressed greatly with the allen gear as well as the improved details -really like it  
nice and crisp-and a very nice air pump too

comments please

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
You will find the number 3 is the economy loco. No electronics so lights straight on to the power without diodes. No smoke. No plug on the back of the cab. They didn't even paint the dials in the cab.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
actually it does have the flat plug

and it has an entire backhead of the boiler

room for a slide switch but no switch!

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
stevedenver said:
actually it does have the flat plug

and it has an entire backhead of the boiler

room for a slide switch but no switch!

All the ones I have come across have been built without a plug. I can show you one with a plug but that is because I added it myself to couple a pair together for track cleaning.

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
There are a few change over models that used up existing stock parts. Early versions, both lights lit up either way the loco went. Alyn

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
themole said:
There are a few change over models that used up existing stock parts. Early versions, both lights lit up either way the loco went. Alyn

Yes correct, there were many combinations os Stainz locos!!

The non directional lighting was very common!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
damnitall mike-youre right-!!

the damn thing simply has a black plastic blank over the area where THERE should be a plug-

i had assumed it was a new slick style of socket cover

wonder why they were so stingy with the early changeovers

ill need to use a red lamp for the rear lamp -always wanted one this way

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Base model for the trainsets I guess. Kind of interesting, but then I have always been a fan and buyer of base-model automobiles.

Never understood the directional lighting on LGB steam, especially the older (not modern DR) stuff. I have removed it on a couple of mine.