DMU pictures

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Me again!

Im building a class 121 'bubble car' Pressed steel DMU in gauge 3 from a GRS kit. I know its not G gauge I hear you cry!!

Im asking rather a cheaky favour but here goes....

The kit comes without any brake shoes and its rigging and on a model of this size it shows. Ive got some cast resin brake shoes, but really need some pictures of a first gen DMU bogie to see how it looks on the real thing, along with some inside shots of a 121 or !!7 to see the colour scheme. I dont have any preserved lines near by, but I know some of you work on some, so any pics would be great. Now I dont expect anything for free so would gladly make a donation to the railway the pics came from.

Tall order I know, but worth a go other wise its in the car I go ( rightly so you lazy person some of you may say!)

Thanks for your time reading this,

Simon.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
hornbeam said:
Me again!

Im building a class 121 'bubble car' Pressed steel DMU in gauge 3 from a GRS kit. I know its not G gauge I hear you cry!!

Im asking rather a cheaky favour but here goes....

The kit comes without any brake shoes and its rigging and on a model of this size it shows. Ive got some cast resin brake shoes, but really need some pictures of a first gen DMU bogie to see how it looks on the real thing, along with some inside shots of a 121 or !!7 to see the colour scheme. I dont have any preserved lines near by, but I know some of you work on some, so any pics would be great. Now I dont expect anything for free so would gladly make a donation to the railway the pics came from.

Tall order I know, but worth a go other wise its in the car I go ( rightly so you lazy person some of you may say!)

Thanks for your time reading this,

Simon.

Of course it's G scale!! It's standard gauge to 1:22.5 scale which is G scale right!!

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Just what I was going to say, Paul.

One day, when my ship comes in, I win the lottery etc, there's going to be standard gauge connection to my railway. Yes, ...there goes a squadron on flying pigs!

Simon - love to see some photos.

BR, early green with speed whiskers I hope.......

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Martino said:
Just what I was going to say, Paul.

One day, when my ship comes in, I win the lottery etc, there's going to be standard gauge connection to my railway. Yes, ...there goes a squadron on flying pigs!

Simon - love to see some photos.

BR, early green with speed whiskers I hope.......

Hear hear to the above Simon, please keep us posted on how it turns out.

I've been looking at this GRS standard gauge stuff for some time ............ although I think that looking will be as far as I get.

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
more than happy to keep you all updaded will try and post some pics later. Underframe is built and painted. Its not a bad kit to be fair.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
There was some awful correspondence about the advertising policy of gauge 3 in one of the Magazines in the last year or so. Quite banal I thought as gauge 3 is certainly a Garden Scale and also G as has been stated quite definitely in this thread.

Good luck with the project. I expect that if GRS had been doing their G3 stuff before I got too heavily invested in NG East German Metre Gauge, that is where I would be now. Specially with Digital Sound. I imagine a Manning Wardle, Steam Tram ala Wisbech + Upwell a few wagons plus a Couple of Coaches and Parcels Van. Heaven.

I suppose that I could always dispose of my LGB via this site ---- NOOOOOO.
JonD