DISMANTLING PIKO STARTER SET 0-6-0 LOCO

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
I amtrying to fit a decoder in one of these locos and I have succeeded in removing the cab, and the saddle tank, but now I can't get into the boiler area.
Has anyone taken one of these apart ?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
TONYWARD50 said:
I amtrying to fit a decoder in one of these locos and I have succeeded in removing the cab, and the saddle tank, but now I can't get into the boiler area.
Has anyone taken one of these apart ?

See my review of the BR80 in the Product Reviews section of GSC for details with pictures. If you've undone the two screws in the cab securing the boiler, there is a third behind the front bufferbeam which you may not have discovered. Be careful removing the bufferbeam - there isn't a huge amount of stretch in the wiring. When the third screw is removed, you may have to press on the tab from which it was removed before the boiler slides free, as the tab has a slight lip on it to hold it in position.

Feel free to PM me if you are still having problems.

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Thank you for an excellent article and for pointing mre in the right direction.
I have now dismanatled it and over the next few days I hope to install the decoder and sound, although the speaker will not fit over the obvious place as the pick-up wires get in the way. I amsure there are other places, or ways round this. I will keep you posted.
Merry Xmas and a happy New Year

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Just a quick update. Dismantled, sound chip (ESU) installed, working fine. Reassembled
Now for some fine tuning and painting.

Many many thanks for your help