Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
There are 3 programs you can use with the 55045 Programming module:

1) The LGB MTS software, has installer issues on newer versions of Windows - I will PM you about this.
2) The Massoth Service Tool. Technically no longer available for free, available on the Massoth Service Stick. Will also work with the Massoth PC and DiMax Central stations.
3) Stelwerk. Follow on to the MTS PC software - written by the same guy.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I think muns muns said no longer available for free so supported but at a cost?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo Howard,

I have a MTS PC 4.0 disk. I'm not sure how much it will cost to post Stateside though.

I would suggest you e-mail Jurgen at Stellwerk. You will find their website here....

Rich53

Registered
13 Jan 2018
New Jersey
Best answers
Country flag
last year I contacted LGB about the program and they sent me a disk. The problem is that it only works with Windows xp and 7

HowardSue

Registered
7 Nov 2020
La Pine Oregon USA
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo Howard,

I have a MTS PC 4.0 disk. I'm not sure how much it will cost to post Stateside though.

I would suggest you e-mail Jurgen at Stellwerk. You will find their website here....

Thank You I’m still trying to get a lower price.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
If anyone wants the latest version of the MTS-PC software that installs and works on Windows 10 please contact me.

edsmitge

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
If anyone wants the latest version of the MTS-PC software that installs and works on Windows 10 please contact me.
what are you wanting for the windows 10 version

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag

John Russo

Registered
24 Sep 2015
PA
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, I just tossed my disk of the old MTS software, albeit I don't think you would want to use it anymore.

I would highly recommend paying Juergen the $80 Euro for the Stellwerks Easy software. He wrote the original MTS software. He updates Stellwerks regularly, as recent as 10/10/2020.

In addition to the train control software, It includes a very easy to use CV programming section that handles LGB and Massoth components.

It will save you hours of aggravation.

Juergen responds quickly to emails and is incredibly helpful.

John Russo

Registered
24 Sep 2015
PA
Best answers
Country flag
I found old copies of the Massoth software. Not sure how current it is.

Attached.

Attachments

• Massoth.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Muns,
Yes please, can you help me with MTS-PC software for windows 10.
My disc some years old will not work on 10.
I have two LGB 55045s to sort out the CVs on after relocating my layout from UK to USA.
Also I have bought a secondhand Massoth 530s Decoder 8156001. Will the MTS software work with the Massoth Decoder.
I gather that the Massoth Service tool will work with both, but I have failed to find anywhere to download it from, can you tell me where.
Many thanks.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Norah for my old pre year 2000 Windows 98 loaded PC.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Muns,
Yes please, can you help me with MTS-PC software for windows 10.
My disc some years old will not work on 10.
I have two LGB 55045s to sort out the CVs on after relocating my layout from UK to USA.
Also I have bought a secondhand Massoth 530s Decoder 8156001. Will the MTS software work with the Massoth Decoder.
I gather that the Massoth Service tool will work with both, but I have failed to find anywhere to download it from, can you tell me where.
Many thanks.
Hi Mike,

PM/Conversation started re the MTS PC software.

You can use the MTS software to program the 8156001 but only by reading and writing individual CVs one at a time.

The MST is now only "legally" available on the Massoth Service Stick. Which is available from your Massoth retailer. It is also included when you purchase a Massoth Central Station or a Massoth PC Module. If you have one of these you can ask Massoth and they will provide you with a download link to the software but you will need the serial number.

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mike,

PM/Conversation started re the MTS PC software.

You can use the MTS software to program the 8156001 but only by reading and writing individual CVs one at a time.

The MST is now only "legally" available on the Massoth Service Stick. Which is available from your Massoth retailer. It is also included when you purchase a Massoth Central Station or a Massoth PC Module. If you have one of these you can ask Massoth and they will provide you with a download link to the software but you will need the serial number.
Hi Yes I noticed that you can ask for a link to download the Massoth Service Tool - if you have a Massoth Central Station - which I do. I have a 1200Z and two 1200Bs, but for the life of me I have been unable to find a serial number on any one of them! The two Bs each have a tiny white sticker on the back with a number - but is the same number for both of them! Surely that isn't the serial number. The 1200Z has a similar sticker and a number - which is different from the one on the 1200Bs. If these aren't the serial number - where is that number to be found? I even tried scrolling through the menu on the 1200Z, to see if the number was stored in the software - but I had no joy there either.
I bought these 3 devices at least 10 years ago, if not earlier and I don't remember getting a thumbdrive with the MST on it, but my memory is not that good when it comes to things like that!
Do you have any idea where these serial numbers are located?

NCS from Qbyn

Registered
29 Apr 2016
Queanbeyan, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Yes I noticed that you can ask for a link to download the Massoth Service Tool - if you have a Massoth Central Station - which I do. I have a 1200Z and two 1200Bs, but for the life of me I have been unable to find a serial number on any one of them! The two Bs each have a tiny white sticker on the back with a number - but is the same number for both of them! Surely that isn't the serial number. The 1200Z has a similar sticker and a number - which is different from the one on the 1200Bs. If these aren't the serial number - where is that number to be found? I even tried scrolling through the menu on the 1200Z, to see if the number was stored in the software - but I had no joy there either.
I bought these 3 devices at least 10 years ago, if not earlier and I don't remember getting a thumbdrive with the MST on it, but my memory is not that good when it comes to things like that!
Do you have any idea where these serial numbers are located?
Oh, well, it doesn't matter so much, apparently, because Massoth have sent me the link and I was able to download the tool. So maybe that number on the sticker was the serial number - or perhaps they just took pity on me and sent it anyway!:)