Defective Massoth 2.4GHz Navigators

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Just a FYI, some Massoth 2.4GHz Navigators produced about two years ago have faulty transmitter boards. I sold a couple of these units to customers two years ago and they experienced wireless connectivity issues.......periodic loss of wireless connectivity. Initially I thought it was caused by interference with other 2.4GHz devices at their locations. But when one of the units was returned to me, replacing the Navigator's transmitter board with a new board solved the problem. I've returned the two defective transmitter boards to Massoth Germany for replacement.

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Just a FYI, some Massoth 2.4GHz Navigators produced about two years ago have faulty transmitter boards. I sold a couple of these units to customers two years ago and they experienced wireless connectivity issues.......periodic loss of wireless connectivity. Initially I thought it was caused by interference with other 2.4GHz devices at their locations. But when one of the units was returned to me, replacing the Navigator's transmitter board with a new board solved the problem. I've returned the two defective transmitter boards to Massoth Germany for replacement.

Hi Tom,

Yes I had a similar problem with a new 2.4GHz Navigator. It would not register with the receiver. I sent it back to Massoth and they rectified the issue, shame it took 3 months!!

David

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Tom,

Yes I had a similar problem with a new 2.4GHz Navigator. It would not register with the receiver. I sent it back to Massoth and they rectified the issue, shame it took 3 months!!

David

David - Yes, unfortunately, Massoth Germany isn't very speedy in responding to technical questions or handling warranty claims. I sent the Navigator transmitters and two Massoth Pulsed Smokers to them for repair/replacement about a month ago so I don't expect to get the replacements for some time. Luckily I have a Massoth dealer in Germany that I buy my products from and he passes on my technical questions and complaints to Massoth directly..........Massoth is more responsive to him and speaks their lingo! My biggest complaint about the Massoth DCC Sound decoders is the lack of quality sound of the "chuff" in their American steamer sound files........it distorts around 3 - 5 speed step range on my Navigator depending upon what setting are made for CV197 and CV198. Actually their older 2010 version of the XLS sound files is superior to the current sound file. I found this out when a customer furnished his own 2010 Version of an XLS DCC Sound Decoder with the American Mogul sound file on it.......he had bought it many years ago while visiting Germany and finally decided to get me to install it for him. I have a video of it operating on my YouTube Videos Channel and I sent the link to Massoth Germany for comparison with their current sound file. Hopefully their new XLSC DCC Sound Decoder, to be available by the end of the year, will be a major improvement. My YouTube Videos Channel Link: Old Dominion Railways - LGB Trains

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
David - Yes, unfortunately, Massoth Germany isn't very speedy in responding to technical questions or handling warranty claims. I sent the Navigator transmitters and two Massoth Pulsed Smokers to them for repair/replacement about a month ago so I don't expect to get the replacements for some time. Luckily I have a Massoth dealer in Germany that I buy my products from and he passes on my technical questions and complaints to Massoth directly..........Massoth is more responsive to him and speaks their lingo! My biggest complaint about the Massoth DCC Sound decoders is the lack of quality sound of the "chuff" in their American steamer sound files........it distorts around 3 - 5 speed step range on my Navigator depending upon what setting are made for CV197 and CV198. Actually their older 2010 version of the XLS sound files is superior to the current sound file. I found this out when a customer furnished his own 2010 Version of an XLS DCC Sound Decoder with the American Mogul sound file on it.......he had bought it many years ago while visiting Germany and finally decided to get me to install it for him. I have a video of it operating on my YouTube Videos Channel and I sent the link to Massoth Germany for comparison with their current sound file. Hopefully their new XLSC DCC Sound Decoder, to be available by the end of the year, will be a major improvement. My YouTube Videos Channel Link: Old Dominion Railways - LGB Trains
Tom,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The LGB Mogul sounds great on the video. Thanks for the link to your You Tube channel. I'm a pure RhB modeller and all my fleet is either original LGB or the latest Märklin versions. Sound is a very important aspect of any model - good sound adds to the illusion of reality! I cancelled my order for the latest MLGB RhB Ge6/6II because of the poor sound. Some have purchased and then replaced the Märklin decoder with Massoth or similar. When you have to fork out $1350 for a model and then retrofit a decoder it is kinda crazy! Keep safe, David.