Compressor to use with Badger airbrush

TerrySoham

Registered
20 Jan 2010
Best answers
I seem to be using a lot of cans of airbrush propellant! Does anyone know of a inexpensive and small but reliable compressor?

Thanks

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Plenty, cheap enough on Evil Bat! New from around £30, secondhand ones as well.

whizzo

Hi all , i am interested in L.G.B electric running
24 Oct 2009
Norfolk east anglia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi , as a stop gap -to save buying propellant air tins - i use a spare car wheel , which lasts ages regards Dave

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
I am just about to buy an IWATA set up, the compressor is a Studio Smart jet pro, but they are £206 quid.

If you dont use it a lot as an alternatve to the car tube one of those pump up 2.5 litre weedkiller spray thingies is possible.

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
funandtrains said:
whizzo said:
Hi , as a stop gap -to save buying propellant air tins - i use a spare car wheel , which lasts ages regards Dave

I've done that before and it is ok with very basic airbrushes that have a course spray but the dust that can come out of the tyre can block a better airbrush.

[align=center]I tried a car tyre but the thing was full of talc so my paint jet got blocked and stopped for ages I thought it was the paint mix, I have gone back to tins in warm water in the kitchen sink, but still looking for a cheaper way,
[/align]

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Use a fridge compressor out of an old fridge.I use one to power my stationery's.They're powerful,easy to get and very quiet.

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
ROSS said:
Ferrysteam said:
Use a fridge compressor out of an old fridge.I use one to power my stationery's.They're powerful,easy to get and very quiet.

:thinking:
Trouble with that is..not everybody can sort it out to make it work....sort of technically challenged...as the saying goes :rofl:

I have some customers who cannot figure out how to connect a battery via a resistor to LEDs despite my leaflets and instructions (read after the LEDs destruct!!.:rolleyes:

Must be all these media degrees they are taking - (or taken). :happy:

[align=center]Technically challenged is a good description, I have just attended a call out to a University research lab where the two year long experiment was in total Jepordy for the lack of demineralised water, the two world class Proffessors stared in total disbelief when I tipped a bottle of demin water (marked as demin water) from the garage into the tank, 90p for two litres, saved a three million pound embarrassment in the newspapers, I then showed them how to operate a faucet marked demin water, and fill a bottle,also labelled demin water, this is why lab technicians are employed perhaps?
I dread to imagine what the experiment is about????
next week I will hide their toaster!!!!

[/align]