Come on, everyone admit to what you use.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Come on, everyone admit to what you use.

But, it's getting better :D:D

(No, don't sing darling.....................)

9b85e297c52d4ed3a7b2ac09f6ba4a5f.jpg

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag

railwayman198 said:
I also have a Pentax K10d DSLR with a lot of lenses and other goodies but almost all of my garden railway shots are taken with the compact. I just find the DSLR a bit cumbersome for some shots and without a liveview screen you need to be a contortionist to see what you are getting sometimes. I'm searching on ebay for a Zigview finder to solve that issue but I've yet to find one at a price I'm willing to pay.

Just to add that I have just won a zigview finder on ebay. This is a gadget that clips onto the camera viewfinder and can rotate so that you can see what is in the viewfinder from almost any angle. If it proves to be any good when it arrives I may start to use my DSLR for some of my railway pics. The attached pic of the thing will be small as it's taken from the ebay listing.
a1eb66aded854a02a4e4b1d6e4b5d18b.jpg

GlenF

G Scale, LGB, British 16mm, Live steam and electri
24 Oct 2009
Michigan, USA
www.flickr.com
Best answers

Started out digitally with a 2MP Fuji Finepix 2650 bought new in 2003 - superb picture quality! It died after 5 years heavy use so I replaced it with a newer Sony Cybershot which took horrible pics by comparison. I then got an Olympus X400 but I still wasn't impressed - neither of those cameras could match the image quality of that old Finepix. I think I need to buy another Fuji!

Examples of my G-scale photos (and more) can be found on my Flickr site below.

KleineDicke

Trains, trains, and trains. Oh, did I mention tra
24 Oct 2009
Houston, Texas
Best answers

GlenF said:
Started out digitally with a 2MP Fuji Finepix 2650 bought new in 2003 - superb picture quality! It died after 5 years heavy use so I replaced it with a newer Sony Cybershot which took horrible pics by comparison. I then got an Olympus X400 but I still wasn't impressed - neither of those cameras could match the image quality of that old Finepix. I think I need to buy another Fuji!

Examples of my G-scale photos (and more) can be found on my Flickr site below.

This'll probably start an argument, but IMHO, Fuji make the best digital cameras for the average user - and some fine professional grade cameras as well. They understand how to make a good camera (their lenses are great) and they understand how to capture the images, given their long history making high quality film. The only negative is their unfortunate choice of digital media (SmartMedia and xD).

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers

ASH said:
I use my camera to take internal photos within fish tanks, some of which are 2 metres long, but they are mostly large species.
Im still learning with locos - I take some good ones and some poor ones.
I use 4 Memory cards - one is 512 MB, one is 128Mb - and the other two are small 10MB ones, which I rarely use.
I could do with finding some time to make better use of what I have, most immediate next thing is a Camera Stand:clap:
Graham
Try taking the Loco's out of the fish tank Mate I'm sure it will be much easier!!!

Just because I know someone will ask ! It's a Stainier 8F in the Red Sea.............I could tell you why but then I'd have to kill you..................................
7eea0ae2f3a1485685394d984de50a53.jpg

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers

The realism of these fish tanks is incredible!!

2fc7bea16b634d2c88fd45ce5d5a371c.jpg

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag

8| I use a Fuji Finepix S2000 HD.

When it started turning out pics like this, taken hand held at 4 in the morning

2009_10100026.jpg

I reckoned this digital racket may have something.

Good thing is, I can almost instantly post photos of the railway.

1650.jpg

....as the sun sets slowly in the West.

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers

Well, after years of using SLR's, and sometomes missing shots by fiddling round changing lenses, my last film camera was a Ricoh Mirai 'compact' SLR with built-in (but non-interchangeable) zoom lens, flash and motor drive - added the data back, additional flash and teleconverter and still had all the control of a 'full blown' SLR.

Oh, and I used slide film, with all the accompanying stuff 8D

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers

Started using digital cameras at work in their early years, eventually ending up buying one of my own, the Minolta dImage7, one of the early (and best) 'prosumer' digital SLR style all-in-ones -absolutely cracking lens.

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers

For my 50th. birthday last year, wifey bought me a Canon Powershot SX10IS, much better zoom range, bigger viewfinder (bit 'old fashioned' as I don't like using the screen) and with nearly ten years development from the Minolta!

The Ricoh still lurks in the back of a cupboard, and the Minolta is boxed up ready for a new owner at some stage 8|