coal firing and consideration for others

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
It is not unusual at the larger M.E. exhibitions to have a raised track 5" running passenger trips inside with steam. There isn't usually much noticeable fug, except close up.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
It was a bit thick and eye watering at G Rail after the coal fired session.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I don't know what everyone is so concerned about. We don't care what mama don't allow, we gonna play our guitar anyhow.....LOL

Trainman 864

Registered
24 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
................... We don't care what mama don't allow, we gonna play our guitar anyhow.....LOL

If I might make a historical comment - as opposed to a political one which would be quite wrong of course - isn't that the attitude that gave rise to the War of Independance that caused us so much trouble on this side of the pond? .... :)

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
If I might make a historical comment - as opposed to a political one which would be quite wrong of course - isn't that the attitude that gave rise to the War of Independance that caused us so much trouble on this side of the pond? .... :)

Firstly, John, it's "an historical".....LOL

Secondly, you are absolutely correct.....

Thirdly, not that it matters....................but we don't even care.....................whether or not........................we even care............. . . . . . . . .

Have a great day

Trainman 864

Registered
24 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
Firstly, John, it's "an historical".....LOL

Secondly, you are absolutely correct.....

Thirdly, not that it matters....................but we don't even care.....................whether or not........................we even care............. . . . . . . . .

Have a great day

Touche! .... :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Was at the Gauge 1 event at Slough yesterday (no pics I am afraid). There were 3 layouts present, 2 G1 with mostly guys chasing G1 Big Main Line Engines around. Though there were a few Battery RC jobs in action as well. Plus 1 or two that appear to be getting the message with RC. However the line that interested me most was the Guildford MES Layout (nice bunch of guys), 32mm with a Circuit of 45mm as well. When a guy was firing up his Coal Fired Beast the wisp of Smoke drifting around the Hall kept on setting the Fire Alarms off. Much to the amusement of the Group and dismay of the Hall In charge man.

Wonder if they will be able to run a similar event there next Year?
JonD