Coal Fired Edrig

John Morgan

Steam Traction
23 Jun 2011
Norfolk
Best answers
Hi all,

Well its been a bit quiet on this Forum so I thought I would post photos of my latest Accucraft/D.J.B. coal fired conversion. As ever the build was straight forward enough. I felt the need to do something a little different to the cab. Please see the attached photos. I am not to sure about the colour! I wanted a Contractors look to the loco. Well weathered and unkempt but can I live with it? I used Humbrol Matt spray paint which has not had a lacquer top coat. I have fired the loco twice now and its taking on a nice patina. I will weather it more with lime scale and rust paint when the temperature rise a bit. The rear cab sheet is removable. Two bolts hold the roof in place at the front top and the whole assy. lifts up and off. The back sheet can be pulled down and off and the roof and two roof supports replaced to give an open cab look.

John.
PA050493.JPG
PA050471.JPG
PA050477.JPG

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
That is very nice. :D
great work. good colour for a change

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Colour (sort-of) reminds me of newish 'contractors' Hunslet.. Like it!

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
I echo others comments also the inside of the cab looks really effective too, may I ask what paint (red) was used ? :D

John Morgan

Steam Traction
23 Jun 2011
Norfolk
Best answers
Garry,
The red paint was dark cherry red acrylic spray. Got it from Wilcos.

John.

Stuart Timms

Registered
2 Jan 2015
Bedfordshire
Best answers
Another lovely loco john. Glad to see the 16mm locos are still going strong. :)

Llongfordrailway

Edrig, Little John, Ruby, Ffion and Coal Fowler
17 Nov 2013
Lancashire
Best answers
Great paint job and I like the cab. I do enjoy a yellow engine. My 5" Polly in painted yellow and it gets the occasional comment about "why don't you repaint it!" but feedback is usually positive. I think it's good to have a slightly different colour.

Great Job!

Regards

Daniel