Coal fired and Slomo Video

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi Folks
Matthew Foster in Japan has just posted a video of his coal fired Roundhouse Billy (Riverdale I think) which has now been fitted with an SSP Slomo. He reports that he is absolutely delighted with the result and you can see why in the video. As he is not a member here he asked me to post it for you to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtACGwAGl4

The Slomo currently fits Katie and Billy type locos without any axle driven pumps (the Slomo needs the space) and the Lady Anne version should be ready this Summer.
Cheers
Chris

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice
Plenty of pressure and great control
Attractive line too: I could almost smell the smoke

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
The slomo looks really effective. Can we have a look at it please - just curious. :happy:

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Wow, another marvellous demo and very atmospheric. And a Japanese-themed railway to add to the mix - great!

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Alan - here is a photo of the Slomo fitted to my Roundhouse Katie that appeared in a recent Summerlands Video. As you can see it fits between the axles of the 0-4-0 locos. I gather that there will be one for a Lady Anne this Summer as well as ones for the Accucraft Countess and K-28!

You can find the info on www.smallsteamperformance.com.au  and also there is quite a lot on my website (even though I am just a customer!).
Cheers
Chris
www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk

Attachments

• New Slomo.jpg
    New Slomo.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 72

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Amazed - that is areally compact unit.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
I think these devices really revolutionise live steam, giving the impression of mass that is often all to lacking. Its often a case of beautiful railway and loco, but startled rabbit dynamics.

These change everything- coal too- amazing!