class 20 in G

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
What five hours, my word what you gonna do if your all alone for a week?
You gonna need a big engine shed soon then
astonishing fast work mate what you multiply by 4.5?
pete

Round n Round

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Lancashire
Best answers
Nodrog1826 said:
Watch out folks (in the nicest way) he's at it again....:clap:

Nicely put Gordon, I was thinking the same when I saw this last night (just not brave enough to put it in print).

Go on John, I'm ready to druuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeel. Fantastic :clap: :D :clap:

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I can see my gast is going to be flabbered again.......

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
New Haven Neil said:
I can see my gast is going to be flabbered again.......

Yep, mine too!

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I can only echo everbody's comments - you're remarkably prolific with your modelling skills - making it all look so simple belieing the fact that you have the abilities and drive that most of us can only dream about (let alone aspire to!).

Mick

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Fabtastic work yet again, quick question what filler do you use?

thanks.

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
I see a HO model beside the big one. I also have a Hornby Dublo model which I've always wanted to do in G. But not being a Pom, I didn't know it was a 20 class. Now I can search the web for pics etc. Aristo bogies (ART29351) seem to be the exact type needed and I have one in the cupboard, so maybe I'll have a go soon, thanks to your ideas.
It would be good to make a duimmy one as well to run as a pair nose to nose !
Keep up the brilliant work.

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
...as Mrs RJR has been organising a youth camp, once she'e back, maybe she can organise a camp for GSC members led by John - build your own G-Scale loco in plasticard:clap:

24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely lovely, but you should be aware that the Class 20 cab has the doors in diagonally opposite corners. Compare this photo with the cab on your loco and you will see what I mean...
http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/1126/20141-Toton-110884-RP596.jpg.html
Also notice that the generator compartment louvres consist of three vertical rows on this side, again different from the other side.
This arrangement arises from the placing of the driver's controls in the cab. There are two sets, again in opposite corners, with one set for hood forward and the other for cab forward. Wherever he sits, the cab door on the driver's side of the loco is behind him.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Rhos Helyg Loco Works said:
Absolutely lovely, but you should be aware that the Class 20 cab has the doors in diagonally opposite corners. Compare this photo with the cab on your loco and you will see what I mean...
http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/1126/20141-Toton-110884-RP596.jpg.html

This arrangement arises from the placing of the driver's controls in the cab. There are two sets, again in opposite corners, with one set for hood forward and the other for cab forward. Wherever he sits, the cab door on the driver's side of the loco is behind him.

Oh dear what a shame, but does it really matter. I guess once you have done so much good work it is a real shame to have a small gaff like this pointed out. Are you going to sound it? The Bachman HO ones sound fabulous so there is the option of getting the correct sound somewhere.
JonD

24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Ha'porth of tar, and all that Jon!

Also notice that the generator compartment louvres consist of three vertical rows on this side, again different from the other side.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Aye tis a pity about the door layout but shouldn't be too bad a fix being a plasticard structure.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the genny compartment louvres though.

Still a top build. Looking forward to seeing it all painted up and weathered.

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
Great model.
It looks as if the roof of the hood is attached (glued?) to the sides and the whole thing is attached to the base. Is this so? I just wonder how (if) you will gain access to the inside to fit sound or whatever.

I only ask because it's always my biggest problem with building any loco - how to hold it together without joints showing too much, but still allow it to be easily dismantled.
On my last diesel, I glued the hood sides to the base and held the roof on with small magnets.

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
That is absolutely brilliant, it even looks good on the wrong bogies!!! Is it going to be BR blue or Green?

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone supply a truss for my jaw please?
Following this is like watching a speeded up film.
Phenomenal!

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
PLASTER BOARD TAPE,,,,,,

WHATEVER NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOBSMACKINGLY GREAT WORK

Dylanlewis2000

Registered
17 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I love this, i wish someone like LGB would make these!