Chuffin' Cold!

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Well it was that cold when we started filming Argyll "Summerlands" this afternoon, but it was snowing when we finished - as you will see from this little video at the Summerlands Light Railway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL0Z...Locolines to complete....... Cheers Chris

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
What a lovely little world that is.

Rosco

Registered
20 Dec 2009
Leytonstone
Best answers
Great loco and a really nice & solid railway.

E

Elmtree Line

Great vid Chris :D

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Thanks guys - and it looks pretty cold in your latest video too, Keith!
Cheers
Chris

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Great video. Did you lay the concrete and then set the track into it? How deep is the concrete?

BTW, I fitted one of your SCGP3 chuffers to my Cheddar Hercules. It fitted perfectly and sounds fantastic.

E

Elmtree Line

Chris Bird said:
Thanks guys - and it looks pretty cold in your latest video too, Keith!
Cheers
Chris

Gotta get them supplies through! :D:clap:

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
James - that is excellent news about the Hercules - it is the first feedback I have had on one of these locos. Any chance of a video one day?

Regarding the track, it is laid on insulating blocks mortared into a well rammed trench. The track is nailed to these and the ballast is a 3:2:1 mix of grit, soft sand and cement trowelled on wet and dressed as it goes off. It is a lot of work but the last lot of grit/cement laid dry and watered was trashed by the frost.
You can see some construction photos on my website under My Railway. There is a scan of the GR 172 article.
Cheers
Chris

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
James - that is excellent news about the Hercules - it is the first feedback I have had on one of these locos. Any chance of a video one day?

I'm sure I could sort something out for you Chris. Thanks for the stuff on the track too.