Cheapy AERO style windmill update

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I picked this up on ebay for about 12 quid inc postage,1;32 scale so a little on the small side but should be ok,needs a lot of detailing and should look fine when done,may even mount it on a building/pumphouse.i was thinking of building one but will see how this turns out,I`ve done a glue test and poly cement seems to work ok ,should give a western atmosphere to the town and if turns out well will consider another for the other townore cars 011.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I picked this up on ebay for about 12 quid inc postage,1;32 scale so a little on the small side but should be ok,needs a lot of detailing and should look fine when done,may even mount it on a building/pumphouse.i was thinking of building one but will see how this turns out,I`ve done a glue test and poly cement seems to work ok ,should give a western atmosphere to the town and if turns out well will consider another for the other townView attachment 235857
Was it a one-off, or are they generally for sale? :think:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Regular item,put in ECR models to get to their site,quite a lot of stuff on there,give it a whirl;););):cool:........EAST COAST RAILWAYS,

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Regular item,put in ECR models to get to their site,quite a lot of stuff on there,give it a whirl;););):cool:........EAST COAST RAILWAYS,
Not everything they sell is "the best price", though they do seem quite reasonable.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Not everything they sell is "the best price", though they do seem quite reasonable.
Ah, thanks, I have been 'watching' that on evilbay :nod::nod::nod: I was just wondering whether it was the same item.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have been looking out for the metal kit for one,2 Jags (John) had some I but missed out and not seen anywhere else,with a few extra "bits" added this should be a reasonable substitute,plenty of stuff on the web for information and inspiration;);)

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
A few detailing bits and bobs added to update a little,some styrene strip nuts and bolt heads,ladder now on and the platform widened a little to take the larger scale boots of the LGB size figures(original scale supposed to be 1;32)some very slight wood grain added and a spray coat of rattle can dark brown,now will be looking at the head and turbine,not taking a lot of time on this one as will be away from sightline on the railroad at the back behind some buildings in the town but looks just a little better and gives a little more of that western atmosphere;),some sort of actuating mechanism to go up the center of the tower too.mill 002.jpg mill 003.jpg mill 005.jpg

Reactions: 5 users