www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers

adeshers

More sense than money .. more stupidity than sense
6 Nov 2009
NW Derbyshire
Best answers
Woderwick said:
I'll put together a page on our site when I get a minute for reference.

Yes please!

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
I like it..... I have three spans to make and think this would be great for a lift section - promise to include a plaque acknowledging your design! Can you provide a link to the original 'construction' thread.:clap:

Thanks
Rob

Westcott

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Apperley, Glos
www.the-wests.com
Best answers
My UPVC bridges have withstood winter apparently unaffected.
The long ones used [STRIKE]angry[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]vicious[/STRIKE] thick superglue, the shorter ones http://www.screwfix.com/prods/82210...es/Plastic-Adhesives/Evo-Stik-Pipe-Weld-250ml < Link To UPVC cement.
Both glues' joints are so strong that the plastic will break first, as Wod originally reported.
And great thanks to Wodders for the original idea!

98CFECFD29264FFDB078A79585FBD33D.JPG

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
Thanks for the link!

Rob

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Best answers
Having had the opportunity to view the "cheapo bridge" of Wod's I am pleased to endorse it. As he says it is a lift out bridge. I have read his notes and I think he has left out something important or I did not read it carefully enough.

That is .... not only is it a lift out bridge but he had used a fantastic idea (which I will steal) for the electrical contacts to the rails across the deck. The ends of the bridge each side slide into a contact strip on each side/end to ensure continuity without jumper wires etc. I was really impressed by this idea. So simple and effective. I will be using it when I finally get my ***e in gear and get something built to run on again.

I shall be buying the angle to have in stock for that unlikely event.

Cheers Clive

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
25fa0f8694ea429faec5861828d6097b.jpg

MIne to has stood the first winter test so the second bridge will be constructed shortly

d2598575c68b4b7d9fac92aa33176916.jpg

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
Thanks Clive, I enjoyed the visit and I am pleased you got home safely with the heavy cargo. There is a reference to the contacts in the thumbnails further down the page.

Steve that looks a treat.

Thanks men.