Cheap figures to Kitbash.......Nicole Kidman!!

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
As this can't be posted in the "Shop Watch" section, here is the requested 1:20.3 model of Nicolle Kidman, bought in Norwich today for 99p.

She's about 6' tall in 1:20.3 and rather dwarfs the 1:144 scale US Coastguard C130 in the background!

b09ae3df65c740f98583e31fc83920b1.jpg

Not a brilliant photo due to the flash - might try a better photo of all the figures in the daylight tomorrow....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Cheers she does look nice :love:Would make a good passenger in one of my coaches

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I've taken a photo of the 4 different styles of figure that I bought yesterday - they are the four from the left. The fifth figure is one that I picked up earlier in the year and managed to reduce the height of by shortening the legs and coat followed by giving her a repaint. This one, the "Lyra" figure, comes with replacement hands if you don't want her to wear the large gloves.
They are all dressed up for the sort of weather we are having outside at the moment, but the clothing is rubbery and can be cut with a knife or scissors. The "Nicole Kidman" figure is actually wearing a dress under the fur coat!

c1d02e705d644adb955a90b72da890fa.jpg

Digger

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Gt Yarmouth
Best answers
Country flag
Please can u tell me where in Norwich you got the figures from thanks
I can't find them anywhere

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Digger said:
Please can u tell me where in Norwich you got the figures from thanks
I can't find them anywhere
It was the 99p Shop in Magdalen Street. Head out from the City Centre past the Kings Head pub and the shop is in a "Modern" (1970's/80's) shopping area on the left, just after the inner ring road flyover.........

Digger

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Gt Yarmouth
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks I will go there have a look

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Managed to find some time yesterday to do something with the Nicole Kidman figure - in paticular reduce the height of the model.....

The "Fur Coat" is easy to cut off, revealling a liliac coloured dress underneath. I shortened this by about 3/4" and then cut off her arms and the lower part of the body at the pivoted waist area. The legs were cut off just below their pivots and the top part of the legs/pivots were then cut off.
A section of the legs was then removed to enable them to be stuck back on the lower body section, the joins being hidden by the skirt.
The most difficult part was cutting the fur coat sleeves off the arms to reduce them down to a normal size and trimming them with a blade, as they are moulded in the shape of the fur coat sleeves.

The figure is now stuck back together and awaits painting later today.

Before and after versions are compared in the picture below.

65dbb3c4b8094c75a0d136b389f1c3a2.jpg

Since posting this message , I have decided that the shoulders - in particular, where the arms join on to the body, doesn't "look right" so it requires some more work in that area - which has now been completed!

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Another of the Lyra figures is now being adapted to sit on the bench seat in the station building I am currently constructing from offcuts of plywood, plasticard, plastic strip and balsa wood.
Before anyone asks, It will only be put outside when I am operating the railway ..........

The original Lyra figure is seen on the right, with the one sitting down being the one in the process of being converted. The bottom of the overcoat was cut away below the waist, I then shortened the lower body and the legs were stuck back on the remaining stub. She seems to sit there well, but will need lots of filler to build up the lower body area (not that you will see it when she is sitting down!).

91eb447780ed40c3af2065fd02a227bf.jpg

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Nicole is now starting to get a bit of colour to her appearance and Lyra is complete and glued to the bench. Nicole will actually end up waiting on the platform, where you can see her, rather than standing in the station building.

The dog came out of a Christmas cracker...honest.......and the other two figures are by Elita and one of the usual Bachmann suspects for comparison in figure height.

170dd8b55c084c8687f27c03f776bd55.jpg

Have started work on the "Witch" figure, who, when you remove the bow & arrow + the "dress" she is wearing, comes out as someone wearing nothing much more than underwear!
Not quite sure where she will fit in on my layout, but as I've got two of them, I know another member of this Forum, not that far away from me, (no names mentioned to protect the "innocent") who may end up with the other one.
Given what he has done with "Mr Piko", I'm sure he will find a use for her!!!!!!!

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just to conclude this topic, this is the finished article after the "Nicole Kidman" conversion job.

Hasn't turned out too bad for a 99p figure.............

Picture was taken without flash as otherwise the lighter areas were washed out!

(The buildings in the background are "OO" ones, not G scale......before anyone asks.)

3b5a30986d3a403c9ae036d453393134.jpg