Camera car

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
You know the videos on Youtube where the camera flips to the outside in curves so you can't see the rolling stock anymore? After some thinking I made this:

img0704gx.jpg

This is how it looks on a R1 curve, you can see the rolling stock on the inside of the curve.

img0707h.jpg

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
that is good idea mate..well done......so what about the clearance?...example run along the rockery wall?

i was supposed to do tht with my mob camera!!!...lol...have to put at the front of the loco or back of the caboose or either look over the cab of the loco.......

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Nifty bit of engineering :clap:
I take it that it works as a flexible parallelogram, with the radius of the curve adjusting the angle of the short (nearest in photo) bar? But what is it mounted on? just a bogie at each end?

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
@Pugwash: It's nog a parallellogram, it's more a trapezoid. The distance between the holes in the bar at the front bogie is larger than de distance at the bar in the middle. This creates the following effect: when the bogie goes into a curve, the front bar will follow the bogie (duh), but because of the trapezoid form of the bars and the placing of the holes in the bar with the camera on it, this bar will turn in more than the other one.
Got it? My English isn't great so it's hard for me to give a good explanation ;)

Yeah, indeed, it has a bogie at each end.

@Steven: Yes, clearances are a problem, lol.

This is still a prototype, I'll fine-tune some of the parts next days to balance the weight better and to make sure clearances are ok.

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
yes tht why i thought about problem with clearance....
keep in posted mate......good luck with these item........cheers....

looking forward to see it more when u update it....wink...

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Clever idea!

And your English is fine....