dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Have watched a couple if this ladies Cardboard Building builds. I say you can always learn, though the methods are crude in the extreme using Corrugated Cardboard. The techniques would work well for an indoor building particularly someone lacking Scratch Building Confidence, perhaps giving that confidence to move on and build out of Materials that would work in the Garden.

Keep patience with this Vid till the end.

The Buildings come to life when she paints them and this one nicely shows Dry Brushing techniques, so usefull in many other areas of weathering.

Fire up those Hot Glue Guns!

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Looks interesting, but too long to watch at the moment. Will try to remember to catch it later.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Looks interesting, but too long to watch at the moment. Will try to remember to catch it later.
Have to say I found the Music and Build very soothing after a frantic evening where my mind was all keyed up.

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Have watched a couple if this ladies Cardboard Building builds. I say you can always learn, though the methods are crude in the extreme using Corrugated Cardboard. The techniques would work well for an indoor building particularly someone lacking Scratch Building Confidence, perhaps giving that confidence to move on and build out of Materials that would work in the Garden.

Keep patience with this Vid till the end.

The Buildings come to life when she paints them and this one nicely shows Dry Brushing techniques, so usefull in many other areas of weathering.

Fire up those Hot Glue Guns!

Really cool like the old look and so simple, ah to be indoors

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I suppose the same technique could be used with foam board and plasticard for outdoor use.

I wish she would learn to cut away from her hand with a Stanley knife, though. Made my toes curl a couple of times .....:eek:

Rik

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I suppose the same technique could be used with foam board and plasticard for outdoor use.

I wish she would learn to cut away from her hand with a Stanley knife, though. Made my toes curl a couple of times .....:eek:

Rik
See no reason why not but I think I would spray Plasticard Black then do the colouring to ensure no UV Damage. As for her cutting. Well yes there are some worries but even worse with some other vids by guys using Plastic Rulers to cut with a Stanley Knife, real finger chopping good experience. One even managed a finger bandage part way through the vid!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I counted 10 fingers at the beginning and I'm sure there were 10 at the end, but........we're they the same hands?:tmi::tmi::tmi:

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I counted 10 fingers at the beginning and I'm sure there were 10 at the end, but........we're they the same hands?:tmi::tmi::tmi:

Wow - I've only got eight!

Plus two thumbs :p

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
She must be from Norfolk? :think:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t