Brandbright panelled carriages on the EMR

<p>Took a few piccies of my Brandbright coaches last evening. I don't have many build piccies because the main part of them was built even before I discovered GSM. There are a couple more on the way so I will try and take some as they progress.</p><p>Here are the 5 compartment composite and the brake composite</p><p>[img=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/johnsaintjim/091107%20EMR/IMG_8757Large.jpg]</p>

<p>This shows the coupling arrangements. The couplings are headstock-mounted and the vacuum pipes are Brandbright.</p><p>Edit, yes the door grab rail is broken on one door and the lights do show through the gap at the roof join. Both are on the list for fixing...</p><p>I like removeable roofs but the gap is then a challenge. </p><p> [img=http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/johnsaintjim/091107%20EMR/IMG_8761Large.jpg]</p>

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
Superb :clap:

GANDYDANCER

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
Great looking coaches, a job well done :clap:

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice indeed. Love the finnishing touches - very realistic. The crest is nice. Envious!

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice Graham - what d'ye think is the smallest radius headstock-mounted couplers would cope with?

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Off topic, but I love the flowing trackwork at Evensford station- that's going to look brilliant with a few buildings and possibly a bit more ballast!

<p>
beancounter - 9/11/2009 12:11 PM Very nice Graham - what d'ye think is the smallest radius headstock-mounted couplers would cope with?
</p><p>I only just saw these comments guys - still learningthe best way to use this forum...</p><p>John it depends on how long the vehicles are. The longest ones like the 5 compartment coach probably need R5 which is the min radius on my main line. The four-wheeler is fine on much smaller radii, probably even on R1s. The Accucraft 4-wheel wagons all have headstock-mounted couplings of course and they are OK on R1s but reverse R1s might be a challenge.</p>

<p>
brianthesnail96 - 9/11/2009 1:08 PM Off topic, but I love the flowing trackwork at Evensford station- that's going to look brilliant with a few buildings and possibly a bit more ballast!
</p><p>Thanks Matt. Yes the levels in Evensford station are a challenge and unless they are about right, nothing will propel oer the R3s in the sidings, which makes them a bit useless. Trouble is, the ballast washes out because it is so high in places. It will be a lot better when the platforms are in.</p>

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
It all looks superb Graham:applause:

<p>Grant sorry for the gobbledygook R numbers.</p><p>R1 is 600mm radius, about 2 ft</p><p>R2 is 780 mm radius, about 2 ft 6 in</p><p>R3 is 1195mm radius, about 4 foot</p><p>R5 is 2320 mm radius, about 7 ft 6 in.</p><p>My main line has three LGB R5 points and one Marcway made to the exact same geometry as LGB R5. The minimum radius is 7 ft 6 in both on the fixed radius and the flexitrack. Like many people, I started with an LGB starter set and this had R1 curves and an R1 point. I then bought more R1 points to allow a bit of an extension. The remaining R1s are what is left of that first line. There are two R1 points as part of the main line but only the straight section of the point is on the main line so they are fine.</p><p> </p>

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
very nice
those Brandbright hoses are the biz

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
L.N.R. - 23/11/2009 1:29 AM

<p>Sheesh! Graham, </p><p>Do you read minds as well. I had some questions re your coach stock, typed them out, but you've answered them already. For a dummy, re track radii, what does R3 and R5 equate to in feet. As I only use Flextrack (Min. R = 7ft.) its hard to get a handle on these R rated curves.</p><p>Grant.
</p><p> This is hard, you guys are all asleep when I'm awake, and vice versa.  
</p>

I've bent LGB flexitrack down to R3 (4' radius) with no problems - bent the rails seperately then fed the sleeper units on afterwards.

Thanks guys. I should say that the gap between the vehicles with the Accucraft choppers looks quite big from side-on but having measured up, it would appear to be slightly smaller than the gap on scale L&B choppers.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely Carriages Graham. How long have you had them?

Well I reckon I've had the four-wheeler kit at least 5 years and the other two arrived not long after that. The ful brake is in process now and if I had a big push it could be running by Christmas (don't ask which Christmas...). It seems with me that building is more of an organic process than a productions line :rofl: . Suppose it comes from having a job for so long which is so involved in production lines and deadlines, everybody wanting everything yesterday. Good to be able to leave things a bit and dablle with something else.

Here is a piccie of the four-wheeler about half finished but pressed into service, along with a GSM brass kit which looks much more finished that that now.