Bob the Builder to Llanfair Coal Merchant WLLR

Nibbs

45mm Gauge, 16mm scale narrow gauge garden railway
24 Oct 2009
Hertford, UK
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Hi All,

I needed a lorry for the coal yard at Llanfair on the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway (in miniature) Limited and I think I have found the perfect solution. I don't take all the credit for the idea as a friend of mine did it first but I'm glad he shared and you might like to have a go too,

The attached pictures show the befor and after.

By the way I picked up the Bob the Builder lorry on eBay for £1.05 plus £2.50 postage so there are still bargains out there.

Cheers!
Keith N. (Nibbs)

dfede80fa5a94e4e8fee1f39f77cbc54.jpg
8bd8a50cc59b473e8caed74ef9142ceb.jpg

robbieg96

Music, Film, Steam Railways, Roller Hockey
6 Jan 2010
Berkshire
Best answers
Super Job Nibbs! I have a couple of these on my line, although i have changed the wheels.

DSC00137-small.jpg

Rob

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
Lovely job - good choice of local name - The Peates also ran narrow boats on the Monty/Shroppie canals - to be precise they had 'fly boats' which had priority over other vessels I could go on :confused:.....
I think I am correct to say that Tom Rolt (Tallylyn RR & IWA) bought his boat Cressy from the family.

Keep up the great work!!

Rob (not the builder)

MRail

16mm etc - Live steam, battery & trams
26 Oct 2009
Merseyside, U.K.
youtube.com.user.MadogMersey
Best answers
Country flag
robbieg96 said:
i have changed the wheels.

Rob

Rob - do tell - your source for the wheels?

I have some old Hubley cars with perished tyres, and I've trawled the net looking for alternatives.

Andy Worsfold

G Scale Railways</br>Disney</br>The Prisoner
24 Oct 2009
Havant
Best answers
What an amazing transformation.

Thanks for sharing

Wobbleboxer

Registered
27 Oct 2009
Northants, UK
Best answers
Country flag
In case you're planning on searching Ebay for one of these, they are Ted Glen from Postman Pat, not Bob the Builder. Might save some head scratching when searching.

How do I know this, cos my 5 year old has got one, and the Pat van, but the little devil won't let me nick them for the railway.

BrianC

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Beds/Herts, UK
Best answers
robsmorgan said:
I think I am correct to say that Tom Rolt (Tallylyn RR & IWA) bought his boat Cressy from the family.
I hope it wasn't HMS Cressy - it was torpedoed and sank in 1914. My Grandfather was one of the survivors and from his story, told me by one of my uncles, I'm lucky to be here!
http://www.the-weatherings.co.uk/pccship0183.htm

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
BrianC said:
robsmorgan said:
I hope it wasn't HMS Cressy - it was torpedoed and sank in 1914. My Grandfather was one of the survivors and from his story, told me by one of my uncles, I'm lucky to be here!
http://www.the-weatherings.co.uk/pccship0183.htm

Ha! Brian C!!

Great to hear he survived.... If it hadn't been for Tom R trying to travel Britain in Cressy, the Inland waterways Assoc. wouldn't have been formed (by him & friends) and people like me would have dry ditches to walk as well as so many miles of their replacements have been Beechinged. :rolleyes:
Rob

robbieg96

Music, Film, Steam Railways, Roller Hockey
6 Jan 2010
Berkshire
Best answers
The wheels i used for the truck were from an old Burago car i picked up at a carboot. I think they were from an old jag!

Rob

corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
Wobblebox In case you're planning on searching Ebay for one of these said:
You will just have to wait until he grows out of them.