B'mann open streetcar restoration...

Highball18

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
26 May 2015
Southeastern Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_4489.JPG

This was thrown in essentially as a "freebie" with some LGB stuff I bought a while back. It's rough, missing some rather important bits, so it got pushed into a corner and left there... that is until I realized it could possibly pass as East Troy Electric Railway's #21​
East Troy #21

Obviously I need a motor block of some sort, and a pole, and a bunch of details (railings, paint, etc...). I'd like to make it line-powered...

This is gonna take a while, as I've got a job change that includes moving, so I'm not gonna have much free time for a while, but I can at least get the idea train rolling...

Highball18

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
26 May 2015
Southeastern Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, will likely order one once the project actually gets rolling... unless there's a better quality option at a similar price level...

I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to rewire the motor for pole-power... is there anything out there for "live" poles, or am I going to have to scratch build?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have always loved the bmann trams, open and closed.
In fact, i have always loved most of their model designs. Less so quality.

They really look like us equipment.. In fact , denver operates one very similar to the open version. Great fun to ride along the platte river.

I Understand that retro fitting with a good drive isn’t too easy.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have always loved the bmann trams, open and closed.
In fact, i have always loved most of their model designs. Less so quality.

They really look like us equipment.. In fact , denver operates one very similar to the open version. Great fun to ride along the platte river.

I Understand that retro fitting with a good drive isn’t too easy.
All of what you say is true but rip out the Motor, Pickups and Driving Controls at the Driver end and you have a great Trailer Tram.