Bertram Heyn Radius 0 track...?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Country flag
Has anyone here got any experience of (as in, actually bought and used) Bertram Heyn's track products?

http://www.modell-werkstatt.de

I've been looking at his larger radius pointwork, but also at his Radius-0 Feldbahn track with those lovely squiggly sleepers - with vague but compelling thoughts of a very small indoor G Feldbahn layout. Anyone actually used any of this, and got real experience of how LGB Feldbahn locos and stock run on the ultra-tight radius? What is Herr Heyn like on delivery times, shipping outside Germany, aftersales service etc? If his track is a nice as it looks, I could even forgive him for that hat...... :rofl: Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bertram is a very nice chap to deal with and his products are very good quality, even if a little expensive.

I built his Chiemseebahn coach kits and they went together beautifully. Pictures of my coaches are on his web site.

I have had some of his track in the past for my tramway, great chap and delivers. :clap::clap::clap: Alyn

Thanks for the responses so far, guys - Alyn, did you use the Radius-0 track on your tramway? If so, how well does short-wheelbase LGB stock run on it?

Jon.

Again i have no experiance of the track but have used his turntables and can say that the service was excerlant and promt, and will certanly use him again.

Steve

I find I can run my feldbahn loco around 15" rad curves (home made). However the overhang on the cab prohibits running chimney first as the couplings will not connect.
e43c0715a4e4482baa3a9cf464cf4bbd.jpg

HI Mike, good point about the rear overhang on the Feldbahn 0-4-0 - might have to look at a way of making the rear coupling pivot to get over that problem. Heyn's Rad 0 curves are about 16.5" (422mm) radius I believe, so not QUITE as tight as your home-made ones but not far off. Do you have any other coupling problems with the short stock, eg: with the fixed couplings on the cars?

Jon.

Hi Jon, the LGB trams have flexible couplings unlike the rest of the LGB range and will work ok. Alyn

Zerogee said:
HI Mike, good point about the rear overhang on the Feldbahn 0-4-0 - might have to look at a way of making the rear coupling pivot to get over that problem. Heyn's Rad 0 curves are about 16.5" (422mm) radius I believe, so not QUITE as tight as your home-made ones but not far off. Do you have any other coupling problems with the short stock, eg: with the fixed couplings on the cars?

Jon.
Hi Jon,
Apart from the overhang I have no problems. I use only one hook as the baseboard is flat. All the stock is LGB FRR & its quite happy running around all day at exhibitions.

Again, not owning any of the track (some of it is very interesting) but some of the point levers, they are first class. Good at e-mails too and paypal from the USofA was an option.