Beaver Creek in the XsunX... snow

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
We had a little bit of snow over the last couple of days and it is about 15cms deep (6 inches in old money). I had got , the rotary snow plough, the wedge plough, the flanger, three locos all ready when the snow began the first evening. I was so looking forward to have a go at the snow but..... it snowed....it snowed and it snowed. By late that night every thing was well an truly covered...too deep for the rotary, too deep for the wedge, too deep for the flanger.
It had soon covered everything so deep it was hard to see where track began and building finished...
this was taken at 7.00pm first evening

65f2d117cdd748a5842858736d1aea1b.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
The quarry section would be shut down for some time. It was now 8.30pm and still it came down.

067f3b42d390458794f790bce7bcafc8.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Early next morning I awake and wondered if the plough could be out...

but mmmmmm

e77e8eccb5ab44cca313e8c30f89df74.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
But there were two places that seemed to have escaped the worst....
Arbour Summit was pretty well uncovered but...it seems that someone has keeled over with hypothermia..

66dee2b7648044a1bc77570515472940.jpg

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Two old timers just chatted away as if the chill was not creeping through their denims.

d6fd6bedcd5441c48d95d86a0abe6c98.jpg

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Nice shots of the snow Mike :banghead:No snow here yet just very cold and frosty K-27 has it 's plow ready to fit :DWould love to get a OM Rotary one day may have ago at building one :thinking:

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Richie you should be in for some this weekend apparently. Hopefully yours will be a little more manageable:D

Another photy....if you have the plan from me article in G Scale Society journal you can just make out some of the areas!

efcda2fb8ba64a77b00c109db2a9682a.jpg

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
beavercreek said:
Hi Richie you should be in for some this weekend apparently. Hopefully yours will be a little more manageable:D

Another photy....if you have the plan from me article in G Scale Society journal you can just make out some of the areas!

images
Hi Mike If i'm looking at your map would that happen to be Beaver Creek Quarry in the foreground ? Looks alot different in the snow than the picture in the Journal :rofl: Could be in for snow tomorrow afternoon got my parents coming up from Wiltshire so i hope we don't get to much .

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
Pity about the snow depth.

Our snow turned to ice the first night could'nt run anything Saturday or today :wits:

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
beavercreek said:

images

Ah yes just read the article, a lovely garden it is to, before and after. Such snow, we dream of such scenes:D

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
JRinTawa said:
Ah yes just read the article, a lovely garden it is to, before and after. Such snow, we dream of such scenes:D

Hi John and Spike and again to you Richie.

Well I got out into the garden today and Oh dear ...there has been a little damage..in fact a lot of damage. Because the snow was the sort that 'stuck' to everything it just built up and then froze in solid lumps. This has 'crushed' some of me prize plants, deformed me pencil pines, ripped a 15 foot long by 8 foot high pyracanthus hedge striaght off the wall, trellis and all. That then crushed three long looked after bushes including a beautiful (in the summer) Hibiscus.
As Far as railway stuff is concerned....all of my long time in the making 'natural' tunnels have been partially flattenned. Some thawing frozen snow, slipping off the roof, has smashed a couple of buildings and there is still great blobs of the white stuff left where I can't get at so that even running a short train is out of the question!
It all looked so Christmassy wonderland and I was looking forward to running my Christmas train on Chrissy morning but now it just looks like a wreck!
I can see January and February being a repair job to garden and layout.

Am I a grumbling old git...at the moment ...you bet yah!

If we don't have speaks before

Have a great Christmas and hope that the man in red brings you railroading delights!

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Mike
Sorry to here about the damage to your plants and railway :wits: Lets just hope it doesn't look as bad once the snow has gone ,some plants are good at springing back to shape some not so good so some pruning might be required . Sounds like you could do with a Genie in a Lamp for Christmas .
All the Best Mike for Xmas and Newyear From Richie & Sara

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Sorry to here the snow has reeked such havoc, good luck with the repair work.