Bauman Coal Tipper Question.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I recently aquired this coal tipper by Bauman. I'm not sure if it operates on AC or DC. Is anyone familiar with this item?
coal%20tipper%201.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I thought so too. It works with LGB's small tipper cars. I bought it for the distant future, when I plan to build a small indoor layout using all fiels railway equipment.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Dan,

hmmm.... not something I've ever seen before. Nothing obvious coming up on google so far, apart from the model number would appear to be 20/4250 ?

I see in your post on mylargescale.com you included a couple more photos than you have here? What are the markings on the motor (I can't make them out in the photos) ? You have what looks like a connection diagram with the bundle of wires - any clues there? The photo is too small to make out for sure, but I think I can see the sinewave symbol for AC written on the diagram. Can you post an enlarged photo?

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Ah..... it's ok, I found the item photos in a listing on ebay - so that's where you got it from!! The larger version of the photo clearly shows the label/diagram is marked 14v - 18v with the sinewave symbol ,so it's AC.