Battery operated loco"s.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
But, but but.....my OCDness has been working overtime. I need unpunctuating.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
If all we have to worry about when talking about Battery Locomotives is an apostrophe, then perhaps the argument is at long last won.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If all we have to worry about when talking about Battery Locomotives is an apostrophe, then perhaps the argument is at long last won.

Ah! But are the apostrophe's, in series, or parallel? :think:o_O:think:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
It's another redundant one - but hey, there are thousands of 'em out there :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:
Its only redundant because it was miss-employed in the first place.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
:devil::devil::devil:

I thought 'G' was a scale, and not a gauge? :think:

:devil::devil::devil:

It's neither and it's both.
G is for garten. G is for gross. Für drinnen und draussen. ;)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Lehman originally started it as K scale, and while Peco in Britain may have used the G for garden, Lehman used the G for gross in Lehman Gross Bahn - LGB. Literally translated - Lehman Big Train.

Now that opens up the question of who's is the biggest, I s'pose :tmi::tmi::tmi:

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
It must have been prior to 1972
Lehman originally started it as K scale, and while Peco in Britain may have used the G for garden, Lehman used the G for gross in Lehman Gross Bahn - LGB. Literally translated - Lehman Big Train.
Now that opens up the question of who's is the biggest, I s'pose :tmi::tmi::tmi:

It must have been prior to 1972. How long has Peco G-45 track been around? :think:

LGB_ad_1972.jpg

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It must have been prior to 1972

It must have been prior to 1972. How long has Peco G-45 track been around? :think:

LGB_ad_1972.jpg
Ah, I wasn't going down the road of who got there first :whew::whew::whew:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

So perhaps it should have been 'D' scale? ;)

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to all for all the information. I will be checking out some of these possibilities.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
At this stage of the game, it's more likely F *** scale :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Aww, It even has an example of the correct way of using apostrophes and quotes... :giggle:
LGB also used the term 'G is for Garten' in some of their advertising. As long as the wheels fit the track, it doesn't really matter but that's where the misnomer 'G Gauge' actually conveys useful meaning.
Myself and some others prefer to think of 'G scale' as 1:22.5 unless talking to a novice who may only be familiar with the more general terms of scale designation. :nod:

zman50. Hammond Toys are the main dealer on your side of the pond for the Newqida Harz battery locomotive. Those blue LEDs are shockers though. :nerd:
NEWQIDA - page 1

Last edited:

Mike Whitcomb

Registered
16 Apr 2017
Stuart Fl, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Technically, she didn't say they would be "good" memories ...
The plastic track it runs on has a gauge of 2 inches. Seems it would be hard to kit bash.
Gondola = Open Wagon

Another update: Lionel actually refers to the gauge as "Ready to Play" rather than G Gauge. They used to make similar products in G gauge such as the Harry Potter Hogwarts Express shown in this VIDEO. Did a quick search and found one on ebay for $489, so it has passed into the realm of over priced collector items. Last listed in the 2015 Lionel catalog. Lionel's on-line store does not currently list any train sets in G Gauge.
Found the new Ready to play set marked down to $50 after Christmas and converted it to 45mm
20191229_144340.jpg