Barley Pit Works strikes again....

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I collected my Accucraft 'Edrig', renamed 'Sam', from Matt last Tuesday, but the inclemencies of the climate prevented me from giving it a run until this morning. He fitted the Johnson bar internally - the actual device is now an unconnected dummy - and the throttle underneath the floor, in a very neat installation that is almost invisible among the mass of pipes there. One of the very first additions to the loco that I made was the DJB blow-down valve, so you know what I mean about clutter.

Needless to say, running it is a hoot, with 'real' starts and deceleration and very fine control when needed, hauling a couple of Newqida cars I converted a while back.

I use this loco to introduce noobs to the joys of live steam and now they will be able to learn without [too much] finger burning.

A great job, Matt! Many thanks indeed for another job well done.

tac

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I collected my Accucraft 'Edrig', renamed 'Sam', from Matt last Tuesday, but the inclemencies of the climate prevented me from giving it a run until this morning. He fitted the Johnson bar internally - the actual device is now an unconnected dummy - and the throttle underneath the floor, in a very neat installation that is almost invisible among the mass of pipes there. One of the very first additions to the loco that I made was the DJB blow-down valve, so you know what I mean about clutter.

Needless to say, running it is a hoot, with 'real' starts and deceleration and very fine control when needed, hauling a couple of Newqida cars I converted a while back.

I use this loco to introduce noobs to the joys of live steam and now they will be able to learn without [too much] finger burning.

A great job, Matt! Many thanks indeed for another job well done.

tac
Tac what has actually improved the slow running has it has a SloMo fitted?

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
What has actually improved the slow-running characteristics of this loco is the amount of instant control I now have over the throttle. This enables me to crank it open to get a start, and then instantly shut it down, just like the real thing.

Me and SloMo are very likely to remain strangers for the foreseeable future - one of them would cost almost 75% of what I paid for the Edrig from our much-missed Steve Warrington.

tac