BACHMANN DYNAMIS PROBLEM

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Indoor System
Dynamis working well last week.
This week it will not operate and despite placing hand unit very close to the base unit the signal fluctuates wildly.
Batteries checked and replaced.
If I switch on an additional hand unit the signal is boosted but still fluctuates dramatically - some sort of interference between handsets ? Checked ID of base unit and handsets.
Tried another base unit - problem still remains
Checked wiring by connecting wires to an analogue source and loco works.
However, when Dynamis is reconneceted and I short out the rails by placing screwdriver across the rails there is no short, which suggests power is not getting to track.

Website is not much help.

Can anyone throw any light on the possible causes.?

Cheers.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
TONYWARD50 said:
Indoor System
This week it will not operate and despite placing hand unit very close to the base unit the signal fluctuates wildly.
If I switch on an additional hand unit the signal is boosted but still fluctuates dramatically - some sort of interference between handsets ? Checked ID of base unit and handsets.
However, when Dynamis is reconneceted and I short out the rails by placing screwdriver across the rails there is no short, which suggests power is not getting to track.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply:
I use a dynamis myself not for the G but I keep it as a standby for other things but it is very useful for reprogramming decoders in all scales!

Trying to think about your problem:

If you have tried 2 different cmmand stations with the same fault occuring then it is prob. Not the Command Station,( base unit.)

I suppose that you have checked the GREEN Plug are the track cables connected OK to that?

Is anything touching the 32 pin conector on the base of the unit?

I once placed my unit on a Live track by mistake and it made contact with some of the pins and caused non function!!

If the locos work OK on Analogue then the track must be OK

TRY disconnecting the track feed from the track and switching Dynamis ON then simply short out the wires which would normally connect to track, to see if you get a short circuit indication.

I will keep thinking about this one!!

Steve

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Tried shorting it out but there is nothing - no short - which in dicates no power output ?
stevelewis said:
TONYWARD50 said:
Indoor System

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply:
I use a dynamis myself not for the G but I keep it as a standby for other things but it is very useful for reprogramming decoders in all scales!

Trying to think about your problem:

If you have tried 2 different cmmand stations with the same fault occuring then it is prob. Not the Command Station,( base unit.)

I suppose that you have checked the GREEN Plug are the track cables connected OK to that?

Is anything touching the 32 pin conector on the base of the unit?

I once placed my unit on a Live track by mistake and it made contact with some of the pins and caused non function!!

If the locos work OK on Analogue then the track must be OK

TRY disconnecting the track feed from the track and switching Dynamis ON then simply short out the wires which would normally connect to track, to see if you get a short circuit indication.

I will keep thinking about this one!!

Steve

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Can you get hold of a multimeter, or failing that, a car light bulb, and confirm that you have no track power?