Bachmann Box Car Kit

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best answers
Here's one i am working on, fitted with Pheonix white metal fittings, not quite finished, still needs numbers etc.

f57cd3c56a214351add09d88f16f1084.jpg

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
First class job Bruce :clap: By the way Bachmann loco spares went over my price so no Funnal i'm affraid :crying:. Have started work on my plow i'm using a tender from my old Bachmann 2-4-2 loco and the boiler to go in the plow will start taking some pics for a thread .

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best answers
Hi Richie,

Post some pic's as you go with the plough. Shame about the other stuff, but you do right to stick to your limit.

Bruce

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H2]there u go.....[/H2] have a look...it the same tht i make it and weathered myself from bachmann kits...........yr is exellent..lovely...keep, post it........................wink.. http://www.gscalecentral.net/tm?m=32129

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Boxcar looking good - nice weathering.

Can one still buy Phoenix car detailing packs? If so, where, please? What sort of price are they nowadays? I seem to remember having to pay about £7.50 six years ago; I bet they're at least double that now.

A

Alec K

Here are a pair of Bachmann Box Car kits, outshopped a couple of weeks ago in the livery of an actual Plymouth, Devon, company- Ivor Dewdney Pasties Limited. The firm has a proud heritage stretching back to the 1930s in Plymouth, and when I was a youngster no trip to the City was complete without an 'Ivor's', eaten on The Hoe, and fresh from the shop. That's a pleasure in which everyone can still partake, and with the formal permission of Nick Abbott, grandson of the founder and MD of Ivor Dewdney Pasties, I produced the two kits in a Dewdney livery. The master artwork was supplied in PDF form by Nick Abbott, and sets of transfers (including road numbers, data panels etc) were produced from this by Chris Moxham, who did an excellent job with some difficult colour layering. The yellow body colour was selected by Chris after several trials of different colours with the artwork overlays using his design software.

The yellow shade is Halfords Rover Inca Yellow, the grey roof colour is Halfords Ford Polar Grey and the wood walkways are a blend of Humbrol Matt 118 and 84. The transfers were fixed by an application of Revell Decosol.

de84c8956870401b8723848cac3247fd.jpg

4dfbdd52559b4bf7a90837ce7366be1e.jpg

I'm happy to say that one of the pair of cars is now in the possession of Nick Abbott and the Dewdney family.

Regards,

Alec

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Alec K said:
Here are a pair of Bachmann Box Car kits, outshopped a couple of weeks ago in the livery of an actual Plymouth, Devon, company- Ivor Dewdney Pasties Limited.

Smart stuff :clap::clap:

A

Alec K

Many thanks, Woderwick and Rhinochugger, for the encouragement - much appreciated! The Spartan is quite a vehicle, and of course, a classic colour....when I was applying the Halfords Polar Grey to the boxcar roofs, my wife and I were strongly reminded of the Minivan we bought in the early 1970s when we took up our first jobs. It was BL's equivalent of the same grey but for the life of us we couldn't recall the name. Was it Cirrus? Anyway, the little van got us faultlessly to work and back home to Plymouth for holidays for years.

If there is interest, I'll post up the Rodda's Milk tanker (produced for and with the Rodda Family) and the Daw's Creameries tanker, created also with Chris Moxham. Daw's were in business in Saltash, Cornwall, when I grew up there - and where I believe Tag Gorton resides.

Thanks again.

Alec

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Boxcars look great! Always good to see a different livery. However Wod I'm not sure about the Spartan.....................................

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Woderwick said:
Nice story Alec, I love happy endings. Nice work indeed. I used to have a Spartan Kit Car based on a GT6, that was Triumph Inca Yellow.

This is it in the 1990s

http://www.smegworld.org.uk/images/1999/spartan.jpg

Cheers

...and here's me thinking I was the only complete nutter here. My Spartan (based on a Spitfire) was started in 1976 and I sold it (still unfinished of course, like all my projects) in around '80 I think.

63e9a80a44924c1fa4c1777c9534318e.jpg

The box cars look superb.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Martino said:
Woderwick said:
Nice story Alec, I love happy endings. Nice work indeed. I used to have a Spartan Kit Car based on a GT6, that was Triumph Inca Yellow.

This is it in the 1990s

Cheers

...and here's me thinking I was the only complete nutter here. My Spartan (based on a Spitfire) was started in 1976 and I sold it (still unfinished of course, like all my projects) in around '80 I think.

Bet you wish you still had that Vitesse in the background!!

Here's a Spartan I finished last year it won a Gong at Pebble beach too.............................
654e875f3bea4fbdb2be13ecb1f69190.jpg

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
minimans said:
Martino said:
Woderwick said:

This is it in the 1990s

Cheers

Bet you wish you still had that Vitesse in the background!!

Here's a Spartan I finished last year it won a Gong at Pebble beach too.............................
images

Very pretty!

That wasn't my Vitesse, belonged to a mate. Went like stink. I had a company Cavalier Coupe at the time, hence the need for something more 'interesting'. The Spartan was replaced by a Jensen Healey which first wife managed to ram into an XJ-S, but that's yet another story.....

handyman

Registered
1 Dec 2009
gt torrington DEVON
Best answers
Alec K said:
If there is interest, I'll post up the Rodda's Milk tanker (produced for and with the Rodda Family) and the Daw's Creameries tanker, created also with Chris Moxham. Daw's were in business in Saltash, Cornwall, when I grew up there - and where I believe Tag Gorton resides.

Thanks again.

Alec

hi alec
here is one member who would be very interested in seeing any pics of your tankers.
please post them

A

Alec K

handyman said:
hi alec
here is one member who would be very interested in seeing any pics of your tankers.
please post them
It'll be a pleasure, Handyman! The Daws Creameries vehicle is on the forum now, and I'll track down the CD with the Rodda's tanker pictures and post them tomorrow. Many thanks for the reply...

Kind regards

Alec