Bachmann "Annie" Baldwin 4-6-0 with a facelift towards swedish or norwegian steam

Swedmodeler

Registered
1 Nov 2018
Kingdom of Sweden
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, my new Bachmann anniversary DC locomotive with sound & smoke is really nice and looks if it was new in her Rio grande Southern painting. But why is the head of the boiler almost next to the end of the cab.?To begin with I wanted to move the cab about 1 1/4 inch, 35 mm backwards. I also had to make a new longer drawbar in plastic. The extended loco looked and worked perfect. A Swedish 3 feet narrow gauge Railway ordered a loco in 1901 from Baldwin but that was a 0-6-2 tank loco. I have re-modelled the loco to a Swedish loco with red Wheel, red front and end buffert-bars and plows in front. Swedish ancient steam locos also had relatively big brass signs on the cab of the Railway Company that owned it. I have skirted all the original US painting and everything is possible to take away if another owner wants to build the Rio Grande loco back again. The result also looks like the norway 1435 mm "type 27 a" a locomotive that I remember from our journeys to the relatives in east-Norway, the Solörbanen who finished its steam era about 1972.249439249440249441

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Smart transformation;);):cool: