Bachmann Annie and Clarabell coach interior

Graham

In Smoggy Land
10 Mar 2016
Middlesbrough, England
Best answers
Has anyone made an interior for the Bachman coaches?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I think that at one time you could buy kits for this; maybe you still can.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I think one of the laser cutting plywood/MDF guys did it, but can't remember who.

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
There was a laser cut plywood kit available that slotted together to make a very simple interior that fitted both A&C, the Emily Coaches, and the Xmas coach. (these all share the same body)

I bought my from a very helpful dealer who I understand has sadly since died. Steve Warrington of 'Back 2 Bay 6'.

I don't know whether he had the kits specially made or bought them in, but I have not seen them on sale elsewhere. As I recall the last time I bought a set from him they were not on his web site, but when I asked he found one for me!

I miss dealing with Steve. He gave really good service.

Steve also sold detailing kits for the Thomas locos - Gauges etc to go on the Back head etc, but I think that he sourced those from SmallBrook Studios. I don't think that they were the source of the wooden kits.

James

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Your right James - it was through poor old Steve.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Steve also sold detailing kits for the Thomas locos - Gauges etc to go on the Back head etc, but I think that he sourced those from SmallBrook Studios. I don't think that they were the source of the wooden kits.
James
Smallbrook Studios website shows all sorts of bits and pieces for dolling up Annie and Clarabel, inside and out

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Chris,

As you say! So they do! I had not seen this. Thank you for posting!

The modified exteriors look amazing. I love the duckets!

An interior is mentioned and sold seperately at £25. Pity it is not shown in an image though.

The ones that Steve sold were less than £10, but were not exactly plush. Given the quality of other products that Smallbrook have turned out, I would rather expect their interiors to be of VSOE standard!

James

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Smallbrook Studios have been added in the 'Links' section.

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
It's what I do! :giggle:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Oh bugger. Now I need an Emett Nellie. Why do you put this temptation in my path Sir :rofl:

I thought I needed one too..
Then I discovered it used 'Percy's' chassis..
:shake::oops:

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I thought I needed one too..
Then I discovered it used 'Percy's' chassis..
:shake::oops:

Ah yes, I was thinking the smaller GN15 version on the Hornby chassis. Fancy a little indoor Emett setup now.

Didn't even cross my mind until I saw Stockers' link.

"It was all Stocker's fault love, honest" :giggle::giggle:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah yes, I was thinking the smaller GN15 version on the Hornby chassis. Fancy a little indoor Emett setup now.

Didn't even cross my mind until I saw Stockers' link.

"It was all Stocker's fault love, honest" :giggle::giggle:

B*gg*r!! :oops:;)

I hadn't thought of 'Emett' in any other scale!! :eek::rolleyes::giggle::giggle:

The big one also has a pretty 'fierce' loading gauge.. :(

Now, if someone would load me an ESU decoder with suitable 'Ivor' sounds and quips... :nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
AC COACHES 3rdBk INT CRLD 017 (003).jpg Mike Rayner of Smallbrook has sent me some images of the interiors that he provides.

There is a plain and a luxury version. Either set will fit Annie, Clarabelle, the Emily coaches or the Xmas coach as these all share the same basic body.

AC COACHES 3rdBk INT CRLD 017 (003).jpg

AC COACHES CR2LD 027 (002).jpg

Apologies for only attaching the files, but for some unknown and unfathomable reason the system won't let me upload anything bigger than a thumbnail right now, even though I have been through the motions of compressing the images!! Computers!

As you can see from the Smallbrook site he does battery boxes, and replacement ends to fit over the faces. He also does duckets that will fit a coach with or without a plain end added. These are £8.50 per set with glazing and a roof.

The battery boxes will only fit A&C of course as there is nowhere for them to go on the 6 wheeled coaches! You also only have faces to hide on the A&C coaches too, so you only need a replacment ends for these.

He has also tooled up for a nice little railcar conversion too. Although he has not yet produced this.

AC COACHES RAILCAR CRLD025 wpv.jpg

Mike is not a member of this group, so I am posting on his behalf. Usual disclaimer - I have no financial or other connection with Mike, excpet as a very satisfied customer!

James

Last edited: