bachmann 1:20:3 wagons

spurs123

led zep spurs lgb
24 Oct 2009
st albans
Best answers
I have seen adverts for the new tooling bachmann wagons (8' dia) , does anybody use them are they as good as they look (silly question) and would the go with an lgb forney ?

Thanks Simon

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
there nice,,, and theres some good value out there,,, check out ehattons for gondolas and tankers

gondola is nice in brown and at 46 pounds bargain

and b2b6 has some black tankers too ,,,,,, 65 pounds

the new boxcar is nice,, but shiny paintwork puts me off,,, oh and price,,,, and its a made up design i think,,,,,,,

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
Here is some Spectrum stuff I have aquired.
It's quite good stuff and prices are good for what you get.

The 2bay hopper
drgwhop.jpg

DRGW Flat
drgw-flat.jpg

and here they are on the move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJr28m3_wY&feature=related

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
Yes the hoppers look very fine.
Heres my train of them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/roadrunnerfn?feature=mhum#p/u/11/A5hvVLnYyVE < Link To http://www.youtube.com/us...hum#p/u/11/A5hvVLnYyVE

for me, the spectrum cars are from better quality as the AMS are. Many details of the AMS cars tend to break very fast, so spectrum plastics seem to be more stable.
Disadvantage is that this plastic looks more glancy and the cars are more in need of a "after-painting" than the AMS are.
I have the hoppers (6), a gondola with impressive dampers at side, a flat car and the famous (and very nice) bachmann-spectrum caboose.
The spectrums are running MUCH more save than the AMS ones do (AMS tends to have sticky trucks and bad running axles).

The only thing about them that i dont like are thos uggly couplers. So, other than the bachmann large scale couplers (to which the spectrums are compatible) the spectrum ones WORK. and not just that they work, the work WELL and SURE.
But the look worse!
The really only thing about that product to critisize hard.

Comparison with the bachmann large scale line is unfair:
there is a price-factor from about 200-300% in it, what makes the one line to a model, and the other line to a toy.

Me, i found a place for the old cars to be.... :D
This is my "OOOPS" place:
33773e0be32c4a7b899144339fd2bd9c.jpg

Here the Hoppers in Line:
2cf0af5d4cef4e3fba43628c53a8671c.jpg

And here is the Caboose in Peter Bounce´s growing Latice Steel Bridge
3d9a444b8e044e97b70b71dd6dad17a5.jpg

Greetings

Frank

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
go on to ehattons home page and look under ,,,products by scale,,,,,, scroll down to g gauge and look under wagons,, bachmann usa

easy peasy!

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
i like the spectrum range,,, apart from being mostly ficticious and horrible cupplers,, there pretty good

i have 7 flats, 2 hoppers, 6 gondolas and 11 tankers

and none of them cost more than 55, in fact average price was around 35 to 45 either special offer or s/hand

i love the tankers and gondolas,,

a caboose would be nice too,,, as would be a few box cars but they seldom reach bargain basement level,,, ehattons were selling them of for 65 but i missed out on them due to fund shortage etc

as to correct prototypes,, i think the tankers and caboose are real,,, the rest are made up
which is great for bashing etc,,,
have seen the new box car at b2b6,,, very nice,,,

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Heres a pic of the box car in 1:20.3 , Bachmann have retooled the box car for this autumn with a new Murphys roof and have them lettered in Rio Grande And C&S :clap: They are very nice models but alot larger than there 1.22 stock .

2e9b1fedd4ea4cb8af23de5a1a5a5e95.jpg

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
ooouuughhh!

ran a bit fast to look at, but i think all cars are bachmann 1:22,5 largescale. Fitting the LGB-whitepassdiesel well.

Greetings

Frank

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
thanks chaps!

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
ahhhhhhh,,, bit like accucraft then,,, they reletter alot of there stuff,,, some of which can be wrong,,,

rgs boxcars i think,,, any others please tell,,,,

Rookwood Central

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Queensland, Australia.
Best answers
The U-tube video shows LGB locomotive, suspect scale probably around 1.22, wagons are mixed scales, some 1:29 and Bachmann at 1.22.5, which mix and match very well, the Newer Bachmann Spectrum series are 1:20.3 (very big.)