Bachman Dynamis

Dylanlewis2000

Registered
17 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Well, i decided to buy one... Thought it was the cheapest way of getting in to digital, and didnt really want to spend too much so it made sense really

First impressions are good. I like the design, its nice to hold in and doesnt weigh an absolute tone!

Programming the loco seemed ok although the instructions were a bit vuage at best, however im sure this will come after i have put a few locos in to the device.

I currently have one digital loco so im going to have to buy chips to put in my old ones, can anyone give me any suggestions?

Also when you have dual tender trains such as my Santa Fe how does this work with digital? Do i have to have a chip in each part or will one chip do the both?

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Re dual motored locos, It depends largely on the loco type and the way it is set up in analogue .

You really need to specify exactly which loco you require info on so that a specific answer can be given as to how you can do the job and what type of decoder is the most suitable.

Some older locs are more difficult to fit decoders in, as they are not specifically designed to be converted, more recent locos are in the main relatively simple to do, once you gain access to the interior!!

Dylanlewis2000

Registered
17 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve

Its an Aristo craft Santa Fe with the curved front... i know that doesnt help much, ill just have to take it down to Dragon G Scale next week

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Dylanlewis2000 said:
Hi Steve

Its an Aristo craft Santa Fe with the curved front... i know that doesnt help much, ill just have to take it down to Dragon G Scale next week

Can you post a picture of the loco? 2nd question does it have a motor in the tender? wasnt quite sure if this is what you meant in you original post, or you are just asking how a decoder works with a loco with a tender that is not powered!

You could also go on line to http://www.aristocraft.com/ < Link To www.aristocraft.com and access their online catalogue which then llows you to view the current production and then identify the loco in question.

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
If you have a multimeter, measure the stall current of the motor. You can do this by holding the loco down on the track, with the power on, and with the meter in circuit, measure the current it draws. That is the minimum value you can use for a chip to use for that loco for DCC. If the loco has two motors use a chip of no less than 1/3 rd of the total current draw on each motor. For total peace of mind, use the stall current of the motor, plus an amp (keeps the chip(s) running cool). Alyn