Best answers
Country flag
Automatic Programming Massoth
Shuttle
To Program
1st M3.
2nd Scroll down to Auto program with M1 and confirm with M2
3rd Scroll down with M1 to Auto drive, confirm withM2
4th Enter a number eg 1, (This identifies the programme number) confirm with M2 display moves to contact enter a number eg 1 and then press left or right paddle which will add (a) right paddle or (b) left paddle to your number. (this identifies the switch) (1a) Confirm with M2. Display moves to Loco address enter your loco number. Confirm with M2. Display moves to Command enter number 1 here confirm with M2. Display moves to delay enter your own number here 0 to 255. Delay time in seconds
5th Press M2 then start the sequence again. Enter a number eg2 (second programme I D ) confirm with M2. Display moves to Contact enter a number eg1 then press the paddle (the opposite way to last time.( if you last pressed the right paddle. Then now press the left one (b) so display shows 1b Add loco address and confirm with M2. Display now moves to command. Here enter a 0 and confirm with M2. Display moves to Delay enter your own number 0- 255 and confirm with M2.
6th Display now goes back to the start at this point enter your first number (remember Step 4,) was 1 confirm with M2. Display goes to contact 1A. Then hit the right paddle. Display goes to start again. Enter you second number 2 and confirm with M2. Display moves Contact this should then show your second number and letter 1b at this point press the right paddle again then M3 to loco control.
Programming complete. If the loco responds the wrong way over the switch the chances are your 1A and 1B are in the wrong point of the programme . It means re entering the programme and altering that part only. Scrolling through the other parts M1 and confirm M2 at each part. Then as per part 6 again
7th After switching off the base station to re-start the auto programme you only have to enter the first 3 steps to where you get to number (1) confirm with M2. Display goes to contact (1a) then press the right paddle. Display goes to number enter (2) M2 to confirm. Display then goes to contact
(1b) press the right paddle and exit to loco control.

Dimax users make sure CV1 be set to (0)
Above should work with MTS3 also

With thanks to Roland (55.5) and number two daughter Danielle chief testers

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
Do you have a setup for automatic idiot programming too! :confused:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks for posting this. I am sure that it will come in useful at some time. I may just even try it out on my test track.
JonD

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
Shuttle
To Program
1st M3.
2nd Scroll down to Auto program with M1 and confirm with M2
3rd Scroll down with M1 to Auto drive, confirm withM2
4th Enter a number eg 1, (This identifies the programme number) confirm with M2 display moves to contact enter a number eg 1 and then press left or right paddle which will add (a) right paddle or (b) left paddle to your number. (this identifies the switch) (1a) Confirm with M2. Display moves to Loco address enter your loco number. Confirm with M2. Display moves to Command enter number 1 here confirm with M2. Display moves to delay enter your own number here 0 to 255. Delay time in seconds
5th Press M2 then start the sequence again. Enter a number eg2 (second programme I D ) confirm with M2. Display moves to Contact enter a number eg1 then press the paddle (the opposite way to last time.( if you last pressed the right paddle. Then now press the left one (b) so display shows 1b Add loco address and confirm with M2. Display now moves to command. Here enter a 0 and confirm with M2. Display moves to Delay enter your own number 0- 255 and confirm with M2.
6th Display now goes back to the start at this point enter your first number (remember Step 4,) was 1 confirm with M2. Display goes to contact 1A. Then hit the right paddle. Display goes to start again. Enter you second number 2 and confirm with M2. Display moves Contact this should then show your second number and letter 1b at this point press the right paddle again then M3 to loco control.
Programming complete. If the loco responds the wrong way over the switch the chances are your 1A and 1B are in the wrong point of the programme . It means re entering the programme and altering that part only. Scrolling through the other parts M1 and confirm M2 at each part. Then as per part 6 again
7th After switching off the base station to re-start the auto programme you only have to enter the first 3 steps to where you get to number (1) confirm with M2. Display goes to contact (1a) then press the right paddle. Display goes to number enter (2) M2 to confirm. Display then goes to contact
(1b) press the right paddle and exit to loco control.

Dimax users make sure CV1 be set to (0)
Above should work with MTS3 also

With thanks to Roland (55.5) and number two daughter Danielle chief testers

Suddenly, clockwork looks very attractive!:-

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Zman said:
KeithT said:
Just a bit of a wind up really :rofl:

I just knew you would spring into action.............

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Well the two Luddites both seem wound up at this post.:happy::happy::happy:

They're both going to feel my wrath on Easter Monday :rolleyes:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
KeithT said:
Philbahn said:

And after I looked at your MTS trackcleaner as well. Tut Tut

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
dunnyrail said:
Many thanks for posting this. I am sure that it will come in useful at some time. I may just even try it out on my test track.
JonD

Hope it's of some use to one person. Only with more people changing over to Massoth and reading their version of the instructions and the ammount of trouble I encountered trying to set mine up, I thought put pen to paper so to speak.

Any way give it a try Jon

BTW you need track contacts. Bridge the two outside contacts together. 17100 type. This also can be adapted to give an intermediate stop

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
KeithT said:
Philbahn said:

It is just that it is so complex for a simple soul such as I.8|
I am v. impressed. Where's me humble pie - I know, Peter ate it!

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
KeithT said:
Philbahn said:
KeithT said:
Philbahn said:

Keith I tried it out on my daughter and it took her a couple of minutes. Like all instuctions it sounds complicated untill you try it.

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
KeithT said:
Ah, soul! :D

As for the pie ;)
df30cd8b372f4582833109390f47b1bb.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Phil (bahn), getting serious about this now. Just to clarify, M1 and M2 are these LGB Track Contacts? If so what are they connected to, a standard relay set up that is possible with LGB Switches?
JonD

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
dunnyrail said:
Phil (bahn), getting serious about this now. Just to clarify, M1 and M2 are these LGB Track Contacts? If so what are they connected to, a standard relay set up that is possible with LGB Switches?
JonD

Jon sorry I was assuming you had read the Instructions. On the Navigator at the top under the display are three buttons. Reading left to right M1 M2 M3 this is what the M numbers refer to.
The track contacts are 1a & 1b
[align=center]http://www.massoth.com/produkte.dimaxnavigatorneu.php < Link To
navihell.gif
[/align]

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
dunnyrail said:
JonD
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
www.massoth.com/support/documentation
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
See page 26 for wiring of contacts.

Inside the 17100 are two diodes the two outer screws these must be joined together. I take it you have MTS or Massoth Jon
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Shouldhave mentioned the feed back module as well through which the switches are wired

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Zman said:
KeithT said:
Ah, soul! :D

As for the pie ;)
images

You never cud spel.:D