Aristocraft

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I do have a manual, but not sure I can distribute it, as it might be beta...

I'm guessing you want to know the current capability, so I provide this quote: (highlighting mine)

Congratulations on your purchase of the Crest HO Revolution Train Engineer wireless control system. This product has been manufactured to the highest standards using only quality components and, with proper care, will provide you with reliable service. The Revolution TE operates on the 2.4Ghz frequency band for ultimate stability and interference free operation. The Revolution TE lets you walk around your model railroad layout and remotely control your locomotive speed, direction, lights, sounds, and smoke from up to 200 feet away. The Revolution TE was developed to provide the model train enthusiast with complete integrated control of their dream layout, without the need for complicated layout wiring or complex control panels. The Revolution TE receiver is designed to operate between 8 to 18 volts 1.5 amps with pure DC, DCC track power or battery power. The Receiver is designed for “plug and play” installation in any Locomotive with an NMRA port. The receiver can also be installed in any Non-Plug-N-Play locomotive.
hi Greg i wonder if you can help me please,im trying to put a revolution receiver in an old climax ,,i have cut all the wires to the pcb ,but,,,when i apply power to the front truck pickups the motor powers up,,i thought the wiring was straight forward in that two wires come from the pickups and two wires feed the motor,but some how even though i cut all the wires to the pcb,,,the motor is still getting power from the pickup points any suggestions sir?

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Old Bachmann with the shay trucks (shay, climax, heisler) have the motors connected to the track pickups right at the motor blocks.

Note that you had 2 wires coming up from the trucks, so the motors and track pickups HAD to be connected internally.

Are you running battery? If so you should be able to remove the pickup wipers/brushes, and then just use the 2 wires from each truck for motors.

If you are running track power, you need to rewire trucks to get 4 wires, 2 track, 2 motor...

Let me know battery or track power.

Greg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Old Bachmann with the shay trucks (shay, climax, heisler) have the motors connected to the track pickups right at the motor blocks.

Note that you had 2 wires coming up from the trucks, so the motors and track pickups HAD to be connected internally.

Are you running battery? If so you should be able to remove the pickup wipers/brushes, and then just use the 2 wires from each truck for motors.

If you are running track power, you need to rewire trucks to get 4 wires, 2 track, 2 motor...

Let me know battery or track power.

Greg
HI HELLO THERE IM INSTALLING A REVOLUTION RECEIVER AND WILL USE TRACK POWER

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, you will have to remove the trucks, separate the connections between the track pickups and motors and either add 2 wires and use the existing pickups between the truck and the chassis, or run 4 wires ... many people abandon the pickup contacts between the trucks and chassis.

Can you post pictures of the top of the trucks and the mating surfaces in the chassis? We have a real sharp guy over here who is pretty much the expert in this area and I will pull him in to give your alternatives.

Greg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, you will have to remove the trucks, separate the connections between the track pickups and motors and either add 2 wires and use the existing pickups between the truck and the chassis, or run 4 wires ... many people abandon the pickup contacts between the trucks and chassis.

Can you post pictures of the top of the trucks and the mating surfaces in the chassis? We have a real sharp guy over here who is pretty much the expert in this area and I will pull him in to give your alternatives.

Greg
I WILL TRY AND POST THEM HERE GREG THANKYOU

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I need to head to bed shortly Greg I made need to wait until the morning to study your reply,thankyou for taking the time to try and help me,,I have a Sierra sound and 6c bartert pack in the tender,but I think I will have to take the sound out and build a separate sound car as there is not enough room for the revolution reciever board as well

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I need to head to bed shortly Greg I made need to wait until the morning to study your reply,thankyou for taking the time to try and help me,,I have a Sierra sound and 6c bartert pack in the tender,but I think I will have to take the sound out and build a separate sound car as there is not enough room for the revolution reciever board as well
Sorry that should have said 6v battery pack

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry that should have said 6v battery pack
hi gerry good morning i went on your advice and i have rewired and separated the track pwr feds from the motor pwr leads

thankyou again for your help,,just one question please,can the 2.4 ghz receivers outputs handle leds directly or not,some say yes some say no on the web

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
do you have all the documentation?

there is a pdf on basic wiring that shows led hookup, the docs available are:

basic system manual
basic wiring
add on board wiring
battery wiring
smoke wiring
super base station
usb programming

All these manuals are on the site, but you need to set up a login...

Greg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
do you have all the documentation?

there is a pdf on basic wiring that shows led hookup, the docs available are:

basic system manual
basic wiring
add on board wiring
battery wiring
smoke wiring
super base station
usb programming

All these manuals are on the site, but you need to set up a login...

Greg
i will get hold of a download,thanks gerry

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
The basic wiring one shows directly driving an LED through a 1.2k resistor.
hi greg i need to make some binding buttons i have all the pa,,would you happen to know if they are two or three wire buttons i was just going to wire them direct to the pcb? thankyou for the info on the leds sir

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Please download the manuals as suggested... your question and many more would be answered.

The website is revoelectronics.com and then (as previously stated) you need to make a login... after that, you go to support, then manuals and you can download the manuals I listed before... the general wiring one for the onboard systems has the wiring diagram (it's for all onboard systems, even though it does not call out the DCC unit)

Greg

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
I found them to work fine on straight DC using a computer 18VDC transformer

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
for isolating the motor from the track pickups...

First, replace the missing brush holder in the truck.

Next the easiest thing to do is carefully unsolder the motor wires and extend them. You need to be careful not to break the connection between the strip of brass that comes from the brushes and the small piece of brass that straddles the wall of the housing and brings the power to the 2 slots outboard of the motor, to allow the brass contacts in the chassis to pick up.

This way you only disconnect the motor leads and extend them into the chassis, and leave the track power pickup circuitry alone. This is the easiest way.

Greg